Achieve your career goals
WiT’s learning and development program offers a big choice of affordable and accessible courses and events to help our members succeed at every stage of their career journey. It doesn’t matter whether you are a new graduate just starting out, changing jobs, returning to work after a break, or in a senior leadership role, we are here to support you.
WiT has been providing learning and development programs for women in STEM for 25 years – from practical workplace skills, to our Board Readiness™ Certificate, which was the first of its kind in Australia.
Our programs provide the practical skills women need to be satisfied, successful and to advance in a STEM career, regardless of their specific discipline or industry. Courses are delivered by qualified facilitators, academics and business leaders who are experts with a wealth of practical experience at the coalface.
We know life can be a juggle so many of our programs are available online giving you the flexibility to be involved at a time and place that suits you best. We welcome women from all locations, all professional interests and cultural backgrounds, and all ages and career levels.
Personal and professional development
- Board Readiness™ – A flagship certificate course supported by the Australian Institute of Company Directors, and leading corporate and industry partners. More than 200 women have graduated from the structured eight-week program which provides a comprehensive introduction to the skills and responsibilities of being a Director and how to secure a role on a Board.
- Mentoring – WiT’s structured mentoring program is an exciting opportunity to explore your career challenges, dreams and aspirations with the support of professional facilitators and your own industry mentor. We provide development and support for both mentees and mentors so join up now and be part of this invigorating community of practice.
- CALD Women in Technology is a program specifically designed to support Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) women to flourish in the workplace. Register your interest to stay up-to-date with important dates, and information about the 2023 program.
- StepUp – WiT’s Step Up Career Development Series empowers you with the skills, knowledge, mindset and confidence you need to step up to the next level in your career. When you join a StepUp event or StepUp program, you’ll be learning alongside fellow STEM professionals in a safe, supportive learning community.
- Networking and Awards – Make great contacts and achieve the recognition you deserve with a colourful program of networking events during the year … and of course the prestigious annual WiT Awards. View our upcoming events in 2022.
WiT’s Board Readiness program and StepUp Programs are proudly sponsored by
Looking for even more inspiration?
Explore the great reads recommended by members in our bookshop or find your next great job in science or technology on the Jobs Board.
We have our finger on the pulse of the market and are relentlessly searching for great content to inspire and encourage our members. Follow the links to see our latest activity program or contact us for details. If you have a great idea, topic, activity or speaker suggestion we would love to hear from you – just send us an email or reach out on our socials.