Submit your entry for the 2023 Women in Technology (WiT) Queensland Awards by 30 June 2023
The Excellence in Industry Leadership Award recognises women, female led teams or projects, and majority female organisations for their impact as an industry leader inspiring excellence in STEM by empowering the next generation of leaders, change-makers and disruptors to challenge the status quo and create new creative processes, innovations or business models that address critical issues, strengthen productivity and enhance operations in your chosen field.
Leaders demonstrate the principles behind WiT’s Core Values to achieve meaningful success and empower others to drive positive change.
You can choose to enter this category as an individual or enter your female-led/majority-female team, project, start-up or small business. Entry is FREE.
All Award entries must be submitted online via Judgify. Create your free account to start your application
Entries for the 2023 WiT Awards close on 30 June 2023.
Experience the ripple effects of the WiT Awards
Entering the 2023 Women in Technology (WiT) Queensland Awards is an opportunity to receive industry recognition for your impact as an advocate and role model for women and girls in STEM, and the positive impact your transformative ideas, innovations and solutions have on benefiting Queenslanders, enhancing local communities, strengthening Queensland businesses & industries, protecting our natural world and creating a more sustainable Queensland.
Entering the Awards can support you, your team, and your business to:
Strengthen your reach and impact
Gain widespread recognition as a leading industry expert, thought leader, change-maker, disruptor or innovator advocating for positive change in your chosen field and encouraging greater participation of women and girls in STEM careers or fields of study.
Expand your network
Connect with industry leaders, key decision makers and specialists in your field and across Queensland’s STEM community to help you form valuable connections, collaborations or partnerships that may open up new possibilities or funding opportunities to build support for and champion your cause, research, innovation, initiative or transformative ideas to further increase your impact.
Unlock your potential
The process of applying to enter the WiT Awards is a valuable opportunity for you, your team or your business to reflect on the impact of your achievements, contributions and milestones reached to date. It’s also an opportunity to celebrate how far you’ve come and set new goals or aspirations to work towards that empower you to strengthen your impact in a relevant and meaningful way.
How do I enter ?
- Read the eligibility criteria (below) to see if you are eligible to enter and determine if this category is best suited for you, your team or your business.
- Download a copy of the Award Application Assessment Criteria for the Excellence in Industry Leader Award
- Visit the 2023 WiT Awards Judgify website to create your free account and commence your Award application.
- Submit your Award Application and supporting documents online by 30 June 2023.
As part of your award application, you’ll need to provide:
- A 1-2 min video introducing yourself or your team/business and showcasing what you do. View tips for creating your video
- Written summary or elevator pitch to support your video
- Written responses outlining how you demonstrate the principles behind each of WiT’s core values to drive meaningful, lasting positive change to advance, connect and empower people in your chosen community and advocate for women in STEM with courage and respect
- References to support your application
- Linkedin Profile OR Summary CV
- Relevant Social Media links for yourself or your business
Who is eligible to apply?
This category is open to individuals who identify as female, female-led or majority female teams or projects and majority female start-ups, scale-ups, businesses and organisations who significantly contribute to Queensland’s STEM landscape and may operate in the following fields.
(Please note: this is not an exhaustive list).
- Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries
- Defence, Aviation & Space
- Engineering & Construction
- ICT Networks & Communications
- Resources, Energy & Utilities
- Supply Chain
- Sustainability & Environment
- Transport, Postal & Warehousing
All entrants must either be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible to enter.
Start-ups, Businesses and Corporate, Government or Not-for-Profit Organisations who enter the Awards may have its head office outside of Queensland, but must be able to demonstrate a significant contribution to employment in Queensland STEM industries and servicing Queenslanders or Queensland communities with their technologically driven STEM based innovation, product, service, process, initiative or scientific research.
If an organisation is entering one (or more) of the categories listed below then they must have greater than 50% female* representation within their organisation.
- Inspiring excellence in research & education award
- Future focused business achiever award
- Lifting communities award
- Consumer strength champion award
- Excellence in industry leadership award
- Public sector excellence award
- Emerging tech star award
- Raising the regions award
- First Nations Change Maker award
In addition to criteria outlined above, entrants must demonstrate in their application that they also meet the specific assessment criteria of the Award Category(s) they are entering.
The 2023 WiT Awards would not be possible without the generosity and support from our Award Partners
And our 2023 Event Supporters
Welcome to Country sponsored by:
Dessert sponsored by: