Our Chief Technology Officer has the power to change the lives of millions of children around the world.
Working with our team of highly engaged education and program specialists, you’ll be able to set our technology strategy for developing class-leading, secure, reliable and scalable products and services. You’ll take ownership of our existing technology stack, drive innovation in a highly agile environment, and tailor project governance to leverage our significant risk-appetite for change.
So far, our award-winning technology has already changed the lives of more than 250,000 children. Join us, and together we can grow that to 20 million before the end of this decade.
Library For All is no ordinary Not-for-Profit.
As a social enterprise of Save the Children Australia, our mission is to make knowledge accessible to all equally. We have a proud history of using technology to disrupt the traditional publishing industry, and we leverage technology and innovation to improve educational outcomes for children around the world. As a trusted partner to many of the world’s leading development agencies, we’re laser-focused on scaling our impact to create measurable change for millions more children.
Where you come in:
In this full-time, permanent position based in our Brisbane office*, you will utilise your technical excellence, strong leadership and passion for delivering innovative and reliable solutions to enable the scaling of our impact on children’s education. As the organisation’s expert voice for technology, you will be a member of our Executive Committee and report to our entrepreneurial Founder and Chief Executive Officer.
You will make an impact by:
Leading the organisation’s technology capability through the provision of expert advice, exemplary leadership, and effective management,
Developing a mission-aligned technology strategy that will drive class-leading, secure, scalable, reliable and stable technology,
Managing the delivery of technology products and services including our customer facing technology stack, and enterprise technology shared services,
Leading technology-enabled innovation to scale impact, create operational efficiencies and deliver strong returns for capital investment,
Developing, leading, growing and mentoring a geographically dispersed team of technology specialists in line with an ambitious growth plan, and
Managing our key technology relationships including key customers, delivery partners, suppliers and volunteers.
Does this sound like you?
You are an experienced Chief Technology Officer who thrives leading a highly innovative, agile and high performing environment. You’ll have exceptional inter-personal skills, well-developed stakeholder relationship management skills and a flexible communication style.
You will demonstrate an ability to set and achieve bold objectives, whilst working autonomously in a fast-growing organization with strong ambitions. Importantly, you’ll share our passion for delivering better educational outcomes for children using technology as an enabler.
This role requires:
- Experience in a Chief Technology Officer (or equivalent) role along with substantial general industry experience,
- Experience successfully developing technology strategy, including establishing measurement frameworks and achieving set performance indicators,
- Proven experience in leading teams operating within a robust governance framework, achieving strong performance outcomes and creating impact,
- Experience successfully delivering an ambitious program of challenging projects in a fast-paced environment, lean start-up or not for profit organisation,
- Specialisation or extensive exposure to technology in an education context or product development field.
Working at Library For All is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to working at the leading edge of education technology alongside a team of highly engaged professionals, you will have access to:
- Opportunity to work on additional projects alongside business as usual
- Opportunity to engage broadly across Save the Children’s global movement
- Individual learning plans to assist in your career development
- Internal employment and development opportunities within Library For All and Save the Children Australia
- Friendly and highly flexible work environment
- Agile work environment including working from home and flexible hours
- Competitive salary + superannuation
- Full salary packaging benefits
- Additional annual leave options available
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on ‘Apply Now’
Applications close 4PM Thursday 18th June 2020
* While COVID-19 social distancing restrictions are in place, this role works remotely (i.e. from home or an alternative location). Once the pandemic restrictions are lifted, the role will be based in our office in Brisbane. We may consider a suitable candidate based in Melbourne or Sydney by exception.
At Library For All, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society - in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs - and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Library For All and Save the Children a great place to work.
Library For All is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.