- Bring your DevOps skills to Australia’s Independent media broadcaster
- Large scale, cutting edge digital environment.
- Sydney CBD location
- 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
The ABC Head Office based in Ultimo in Sydney is a great place to work and feel a part of a team. Centrally located in the city, close to public transport, there is a café onsite for employees to enjoy and the nearby aquatic centre and gym offer great rates for employees.
About the Role
Excellent opportunity to join as a DevOps Engineer to support ABC’s digital product teams by designing, implementing and automating delivery systems for digital services on web, mobile and streaming media. Working within a cross-disciplinary team, you will collaborate closely with platform architects, product managers, developers and test engineers who value learning and knowledge sharing about best practices.
Reporting to Senior Engineering Manager, you will:
- Automate all aspects of the ABC’s digital platforms, including cloud infrastructure, testing and code deployment.
- Improve system reliability and quality by integrating monitoring, reporting and fault handling into application platforms.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency by automating existing processes.
- Maintain detailed technical knowledge of Digital Engineering’s systems and services. Assist in the development and maintenance of technical standards and support documentation.
- Work with Agile teams; participate in planning and review meetings, and complete project deliverables.
You are highly technical and passionate about software quality and building automation frameworks using cutting edge technologies. You are a quick learner, a team player, and able to get to the bottom of issues in no time at all. You are able to communicate effectively at all levels, from non-technical audience to highly technical developers.
In this key role, you will bring your extensive experience in:
- Deploying and managing a variety of Amazon Web Services (AWS) services, including but not limited to EC2, S3, Lambda, ECS, RDS and VPC’s.
- Automated CI/CD systems using tools such as Lambda, Docker, Bamboo and CloudFormation.
- Configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders including product & project managers, producers, content makers and technical staff.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python/Ruby/Perl/BASH)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience using common third-party DevOps tools such as Datadog, New Relic, PagerDuty, JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience supporting and managing products delivered by CDN services such as Akamai or CloudFront.
- Previous experience working with Agile project management practises is desirable.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description:Download
For further information on this position please contact Lily-Rose Dona - Recruitment - Digital firstname.lastname@example.org
We are unable to accept email applications, please ensure you submit your application through our online portal.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications Close: 11:55 pm, 2nd December 2020
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disabilities and LGBTIQ+ individuals. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.