About RSL Queensland
Work with us to change veterans' lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland's Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
The Web Developer contributes to the scoping, development and support of the website, it's supporting systems and project work within RSL Queensland and it's Art Union. In response to our expanding presence and requirements, we're adding to our current digital environment and expanding our roadmap with more being unearthed through 2020.
What we're looking for
In the successful candidate's background:
- Demonstrated experience in developing Web / Windows Forms applications using MS .NET (C#) and Visual Studio, WCF Web Services
- Experience utilising Web API, restful or SOAP APIs
- Desire to work with Sitecore or similar CMS frameworks
- Great to have experience in Helix design pattern, "Experience Editor" build pattern.
- We're looking fr Tertiary Qualification/s in IT or a related field.
- Circa 4+ years experience in Software Development
When it comes to the right kind of person, we look for:
- A great attitude towards challenges and complex projects
- Well developed communication skills
- Someone who thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Someone who connects to and upholds RSL Queensland's values and mission.
We could talk about RSL Queensland's flexible work arrangements, it's fully stocked kitchens/ fridges and our Benefits Hub. But while we're spending most of our time working from home lets talk about some of what makes us special;
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Operate in an Agile test and learn culture – fail fast, learn quick!
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland's veteran community
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented marketing professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today or reach out to our Talent Acquisition Partner, Scott Buddle @ Scott.firstname.lastname@example.org