About Griffith University
At Griffith University we believe in, strive for and celebrate the remarkable.
We are known for our high impact research, outstanding student experience, our commitment to social justice and our welcoming environment. We rank in the top 2% of universities worldwide and we're proud of our remarkable achievements, of our people and their passion for making a positive difference. Together we contribute to the development of knowledge and learning in an attractive environment which values excellence, equity, diversity, and innovation.
Reporting to the Project Manager the role is responsible for the installation and configuration of the Windows server fleet and applications within the infrastructure project.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Assist in ensuring that the Computing infrastructure platforms and systems meet the current performance, reliability, & security requirements of the project or business. (These may include Windows Server Management, Active Directory, VMWare, SCCM, Backups, and File systems)
- Provide system administration of the Windows Server Computing platforms and sub systems for effective governance and requirements.
- Drive upgrades of systems by conferring with system owners; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements for systems.
- Undertake Service Request resolution for the services within the project in line with service level expectations.
- Communicate with system owners and vendors to resolve technical issues.
This is a fixed term (until August 2021), full time position based at the Nathan campus. Griffith is a multi-campus university and therefore it is understood that this position will work across campuses as required.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Previous experience in a similar IT customer service/technical role with a demonstrated ability to manage and support the relevant Windows computing systems and associated technologies including Active Directory, SCCM, SCOM, VMware, MS-SQL, IIS, .Net, and Cloud services.
- Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with business, suppliers and team members.
- The ability to present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- An organised and motivated approach to work with the ability to manage own workload.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot computer systems hardware/software in an IT environment; identify problems.
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills, who strives for successful outcomes.
- Able to show initiative along with a willingness and capacity to expand knowledge in infrastructure Computer Platform hardware and software solutions.
- ICT or Engineering Degree or Diploma. (Preferred)
- Vendor certifications. (Desirable)
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
HEW Level 7: $85,914 - $93,078 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $100,519 - $108,901 per annum.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- One page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role
- Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including present position;
- Name and contact details of three referees.
Obtain the position description by clicking on the apply button. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you will be able to access the position description.
Note: Application attachments should be saved as .doc, .docx or .pdf only. File names should be no more than 25 characters long and should include letters and numbers only.
Applicants for General Staff positions (non-academic) must have unrestricted work rights.
Successful candidates may be subject to a criminal history check.
What we offer
Working for one of the most influential universities in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region, you will join a University that spans six campuses in South East Queensland and all disciplines, while our network of more than 200,000 graduates extends around the world.
At Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a culture that will challenge you to be curious, creative and courageous. We also support the professional and personal development of all our employees and invest in the skills of our people.
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. Griffith's strategic goals are to also increase the proportion of women in senior academic and administrative roles and in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM).
For further information about this role, please contact Mr Jonathan James, Program Manager - Change Delivery on +61 (0) 7 373 59286.
For application queries, please contact Miss Danielle Perske, HR Officer on +61 (0) 7 3735 7999.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply. If you wish to discuss First Peoples Employment further please contact the First Peoples Employment Coordinator - Joshua Long on (07) 37355403 or email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 13 August 2020 at 5 pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.
As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all.
Please note: We do not accept unsolicited CV's from Recruitment agencies / third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CV's sent directly to Line Managers.I