We are looking for a person who can bring ideas to life and create views of the thoughts that flow through the minds of Business and IT stakeholders; a person who inspires broader thinking, gets their hands dirty in the trenches, can simplify complexity and isn’t afraid to embrace turbulence along the way.
You are a leader, coach, facilitator and creator of architectures that enable teams to build great solutions, solving real problems for customers, the business and IT. You will have experience designing and building solutions in AWS, migrating from On Premise to Cloud and Serverless Architecutres, supporting squads in delivering designed solutions and plotting a path to a desired future state.
You are comfortable in conversations about operational efficiencies, growth opportunities, market trends and especially Cloud Computing. You speak the mantras about well-architected solutions that operate at scale, you know how to describe the pitfalls of distributed systems, and you know how to extract value out of reference architectures.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Work with product squads (engineering teams) to design transformed, incremental architectures that enable operational efficiencies through the use of DevOps practices;
- Work with stakeholders across the Executive, Product, Data, Design and Engineering teams to provide architecture guidance and support;
- Pattern creation to enable transformation to cloud delivery (consistent with the whole architecture team);
- Hands on solution prototyping and testing architecture patterns;
- Design and model the infrastructure required to support the squads migrating solutions to AWS;
- Provide subject matter expertise with AWS services to constantly challenge the squads and improve the solutions, while considering performance, stability, availability and costs;
- Develop a strong understanding of strategic business initiatives and support strategic planning across the business and IT;
- Build out & maintain the architecture landscape, roadmaps, patterns & application/technology portfolios;
- Support the elaboration of platform designs and component models;
- Design architectures that support large, complex processing workloads that meet functional / non-functional business requirements;
- Align architectures with the AWS well architected framework;
- Design solutions and provide guidance that focuses on broadening the engineering mindset;
- Ensure flawless execution and timely delivery of all work.
You are a passionate self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a high performing culture, ideally with prior experience in a similar role along with the following:
What sets us apart from the rest?
- AWS certified solutions architect (minimum associate level, professional highly regarded);
- Experienced in application, integration, security, network & data architecture;
- Strong technical proficiency across AWS, particularly AWS Serverless delivery, including; AWS CloudFormation, AWS CLI, AWS BOTO3, AWS VPC, AWS S3, AWS EC2, AWS Step Functions, AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, AWS Well Architected and Security Best Practice in AWS;
- Experience working with squads to deliver solutions aligned utilising agreed architectures;
- Experience running Proof of Concepts to test hypothesis and include the learnings in the design and delivery process;
- Strong experience with containers and serverless architectures;
- Strong experience with Windows, Linux & Unix environments;
- Practical experience building solutions within AWS and experience with architecting AWS production workloads for Business and IT operations, across a hybrid Cloud environment;
- Experience transitioning from legacy Microsoft technology stacks to modern architectures operating within AWS;
- Experience designing distributed systems and working with event driven design patterns;
- Experience designing and guiding the breakdown of monolithic systems into a microservices architecture;
- Ability to present and communicate clearly on complex technical issues to a variety of audiences, including senior management;
- Developed business acumen along with a curiosity of the bigger picture, and how your work contributes to it;
- Degree in science, engineering, computer science or related discipline and many years of diverse hands on experience.
At ERM Power we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done. ERM has strong employee engagement consistent with global high performing norms because people love to work here – and we're proud of that! The work environment is Agile and fast-paced, with a strong emphasis on outcomes.
- Fantastic Incentive Scheme, Income Protection Insurance, Purchase additional annual leave and more!
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- A flexible, supportive and productive working environment.
How to Apply
Please apply via the link on our website, here.
To request a copy of the Position Description, please email email@example.com.
For more information, head to our website http://ermpower.com.au/
At ERM Power, we are an equal opportunity employer and recognise the value in having a diverse workforce. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you wish to have a conversation about what makes ERM Power a great place to work or for more information about this opportunity, please schedule a call with Nicole Szelag, HR Administrator here: https://calendly.com/nszelag/rolequery.