Excellent executive leadership opportunity
- Own and drive our technology vision
- Critical services organisation
- Community focused
At Icon Water, we recognise that investment in Information Technology is intrinsic to the way we communicate and interact with our customers, deliver our services, make decisions and drive efficiency across our business. This is an exciting period in Icon Water’s history which affords a unique chance to drive and innovate how the business will operate into the future across business and operational platforms.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Chief Technology Officer will lead the Digital Technology Group, providing guidance to the executive leadership in Digital transformation.
As a proactive Executive team member, you will build, promote and implement our informational and operational technology strategy to strengthen our short and long term strategic objectives and business requirements.
Your leadership skills will allow you to thrive in a constantly evolving environment to manage a diverse team of insourced and outsourced resources. This role will require you to oversee the scoping, planning and delivery of our IT and OT portfolio, including the assessment of new technologies. You will need to collaborate with our leaders across the business to foster an innovative culture, drive continuous improvements to ensure we deliver our services to the community in an efficient, effective and reliable manner.
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating all of Canberra’s water and wastewater infrastructure and assets. Not only do we provide high quality drinking water to the region, but we strive to educate the community on caring for our resources. As an organisation we are people focused and recognise that our people are our greatest asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. Icon Water has a solid focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
What you will need to have to be successful:
- Directly relevant experience at an Executive level in either a CIO or CTO position
- Ability to articulate technology benefits in business terminology and values
- Experience in driving innovation and business value through technology
- Demonstrated experience in leading a Digital transformation programme
- Experience in managing a mixture of insource and outsourced arrangements
- Extensive experience in negotiating and building relationships with internal and external partners, in a large multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong experience in managing large and complex programs of work to deliver improvement initiatives
- Engagement and motivation skills to empower your group, especially in adjusting to change
- Tertiary qualifications in information technology, engineering, computer science or equivalent. Post graduate qualifications are desirable, but not essential.
How can I apply?
To apply, log on to our recruitment portal and submit your resume and a maximum 700-word two-page pitch outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role.
The Careers page on our website will show you our great employee benefits, along with hearing from team members about our flexible working arrangements.
For enquiries about the application process, please contact Laura Manca on (02) 6248 3548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close 29 March 2020.
What is Canberra like?
Recently rated Australia’s most liveable city, Canberra provides a lifestyle that is not for everyone. It does offer easy access to the outdoors for some serenity or high adventure, quiet residential areas, easy commute to work and a fantastic foodie scene.
Many Canberrans relish our four seasons and the choice of a two-hour trip to either the snow or surf. Canberra has a highly educated workforce and innovative business culture, offering a range of unique career opportunities – like this one.