About Seer: Seer combines medical and technological expertise to improve healthcare for everyone. Our at-home video EEG monitoring and diagnostic service - the first of its kind in Australia - has attracted over 80 referring clinicians and 460 patients in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Tasmania in the past 18 months.
We are also building a web platform to store and manage biomedical data, providing personalised insights, predictions and alerts to patients in real-time. The platform currently supports our at-home diagnostic services and will soon support clinical trials of devices carried out by partner companies. As we grow our business, we’re focused on creating a collaborative work environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work and learn new skills and new perspectives. We’re interested in those who are excited to apply technology to the healthcare industry and to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. We attract really great people and you will have an opportunity to thrive.
Create your own path in our business and contribute to its overall direction. Seer is a flexible work environment that keeps it light with regular social events, a focus on diversity and inclusion, a professional development budget and of course, the chance to work with some of the best people in the business.
At Seer, we are committed to creating a diverse team whose members help each other to grow. For this reason, we particularly encourage women and people from minority groups to apply and we will consider these applications very favourably.
To find out more about Seer, please visit: https://seermedical.com
To see the other jobs we’re hiring for, please visit: https://seermedical.com/careers
Position description: We're building a web platform and mobile app to enable machine learning to deliver insights from healthcare devices. The platform will enable curation of annotated biomedical data from these devices allowing us to provide personalised insights, predictions and alerts to patients in real-time. The platform currently supports our at-home video-EEG-ECG diagnostic services and clinical trials.
We’re looking to hire a developer to work alongside our web developers, data scientists and neurophysiologists to create and validate a seizure forecasting system. This is being built as part of an international research project funded by the American Epilepsy Society (https://www.epilepsy.com/release/2018/10/epilepsy-foundation-awards-3-million-grant-internati onal-team-scientists-improve).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing tools and automated processes for data management and machine learning algorithms
- The day-to-day management of patients, devices and data as part of an international clinical trial
- Proactively raising issues or ideas for how our technology should/could be built
- Being an active member of the team's development and learning
Skills and experience: We are looking for people with the following attributes:
- Experience writing Python
- Good communication skills and an attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for software quality (automated testing, code review, and documentation)
- Experience with machine learning and data science
- Ability to work well in a diverse team with different backgrounds & experience
In addition to these base requirements, we are particularly interested in people with experience in:
- Bayesian statistics (particularly event forecasting)
- Medical research (particularly manuscript preparation, working with patients and good clinical practice)
- Digital signal processing
- Git, CI/CD, and agile development practices
Remuneration: Salary range: $80k-$110k negotiable, plus 9.5% superannuation.
Contact: Ewan Nurse, Research Lead
T: 0425 362 993 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org