About Seer: Seer combines medical and technological expertise to improve healthcare for everyone. Our at-home video EEG monitoring and diagnostic service - the first of its kind in Australia - has attracted over 80 referring clinicians and 460 patients in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Tasmania in the past 18 months.
We are also building a web platform to store and manage biomedical data, providing personalised insights, predictions and alerts to patients in real-time. The platform currently supports our at-home diagnostic services and will soon support clinical trials of devices carried out by partner companies. As we grow our business, we’re focused on creating a collaborative work environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work and learn new skills and new perspectives. We’re interested in those who are excited to apply technology to the healthcare industry and to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. We attract really great people and you will have an opportunity to thrive.
Create your own path in our business and contribute to its overall direction. Seer is a flexible work environment that keeps it light with regular social events, a focus on diversity and inclusion, a professional development budget and of course, the chance to work with some of the best people in the business.
At Seer, we are committed to creating a diverse team whose members help each other to grow. For this reason, we particularly encourage women and people from minority groups to apply and we will consider these applications very favourably.
To find out more about Seer, please visit: https://seermedical.com
To see the other jobs we’re hiring for, please visit: https://seermedical.com/careers
Position description: We're building a web platform and mobile app to enable machine learning to deliver insights from healthcare devices. The platform will store and manage the biomedical data from these devices which will allow us to provide personalised insights, predictions and alerts to patients in real-time. A key component of this platform is a mobile app (iOS and Android using ReactJS and Cordova) that allows patients to keep a diary of any abnormal events, their medication, and other information (e.g. sleep, mood, and exercise) and share this information with their clinician, carer or other medical professionals. Our plans for the app include it collecting data from wearable devices and helping people understand and manage their epilepsy.
We’re looking to hire a frontend web developer to help us realise our ever growing vision for this hybrid mobile app.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, testing, and maintaining code for the hybrid mobile app (ReactJS and Cordova)
- Ensuring a great user experience, with the hybrid mobile app performing like a native mobile app
- In collaboration with the rest of the team, ensuring that our software is stable, secure, resilient, documented, and maintainable
- Proactively raising issues or ideas for how our technology should/could be built
- Being an active member of the team's development and learning
Skills and experience: We are looking for people with the following attributes:
- Good communication skills, an attention to detail, and a focus on user experience
- Enthusiasm for software quality (automated testing, code review, and documentation)
- Ability to work well in a diverse team with different backgrounds and experience levels
In addition to these base requirements, we are particularly interested in people with experience in:
- Mobile-first web development
- Hybrid app development (Cordova / PhoneGap)
- Mobile app development tooling (XCode and Android Studio)
- Git, CI/CD, and agile development practices
- Data visualisation
Remuneration: Salary range: $80k-$110k negotiable, plus 9.5% superannuation.
Contact: Robert Kerr, Systems Architect
T: 0431 587 997 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org