$120,240 plus 15% superannuation
Ongoing, Full Time
ActewAGL are an electricity, gas and solar retailer proudly based in the nation’s capital and for more than 100 years we’ve been an active part of the community. Our customers enjoy among the cheapest electricity prices in the country. We’ve built a special relationship with the region we serve, getting behind local teams, charities and community events. And as the world around us continually changes, we’re exploring innovative energy solutions to help our customers take control of their energy solutions.
At ActewAGL, we boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We are a team of forward thinking individuals and operate in a flexible and autonomous environment. We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
We are open to working flexibly with you, so talk to us and ask how this role can be made flexible for you.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so ActewAGL is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Our IT Division are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join the Enterprise Solutions team at ActewAGL. You will build and nurture positive relationships to influence and convince others in the value of cloud solutions.
Working with the Enterprise Solutions Group Manager, you will provide systems engineering services for the ActewAGL infrastructure environment by owning the following key responsibilities:
- Provisioning, migration, deployment and ongoing support of workloads in the Cloud
- Manage access with keen awareness of security standard methodologies
- Develop automation scripts that enable management of the Cloud environment
- Design, implement and administer the Cloud environments supporting large mission critical enterprise systems
- Cloud patching, Security Updates, and Vulnerabilities remediation
- Monitoring and alerting in the cloud environments
- Manage the integration of tasks between business as usual operations and development/extension functions
- Communicate with vendors, business counterparts in other divisions, peers and management to discuss technical or administrative issues, to reach agreement on overall plans or schedules
- Scheduling, organising, and planning workload, providing mentoring on Cloud technologies to peers
- Designing and establishing work practices relating to the Cloud, facilitate change and act as an authoritative reference point for others
You love digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into your infrastructure.
Do you have a passion for change, challenge and triumph?
- You are happy to work in a challenging and agile environment
- You are passionate about providing dynamic and constantly evolving IT solutions and youM
- You care about the long term success and security of our IT infrastructure
- You strive to collaborate with our team and communicate technically complex matters related to cloud architecture
We will need you to have:
- Degree in Computer Science/IT/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Experience planning, configuration, optimization and deploying Cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS, VMs, AD, Automation, Monitor)
- Experience with integration platforms, technologies and specifications e.g. OpenAPI specification (Swagger), API Management Solutions
- Deep understanding of authorisation/authentication protocols, specifically OAuth 2.0 supported by equivalent work experience
- Understanding of containers and microservices supported by equivalent work experience
Even better if you have:
- Microsoft Azure Certification
- Experience with a cloud platform other than Azure
- Agile certification or a deep understanding of agile methodology and equivalent work experience
About our application process:
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role. We encourage you to address the selection criteria in your cover letter to demonstrate how you will contribute to our progressive digital transformation.
Do you have questions about the role?
You can learn more about this great opportunity by contacting Myles Pfeiffer, Enterprise Solutions Manager on (02) 6270 7628.