- Contract Vacancy for Approximately 9 Months
- Ultimo, Sydney: Convenient CBD location (near Central Station)
- Great opportunity to join an iconic Australian brand
- Provide team leadership and technical direction to the Database and Unix Server Team
About the Role
This is a specialised role for someone immediately available to lead the team that supports, maintains and develops the ABC broadcast and business database and Unix systems. You will be able to provide significant technical direction to the team to ensure their security, availability and performance. This is a great move for a strong communicator who has the leadership skills to manage, develop and provide technical leadership to a team.
The role involves providing significant team leadership and technical direction to the Database and Unix Server Team and Database Server team covering the development and operation of MSSQL and Oracle and associated technology solution and includes;
- Managing the workload to achieve results to agreed priorities, standards and time frames, and provide reports of progress as required.
- Developing procedures and processes to enhance the development and and support of systems under scope.
- Overseeing DR processes and providing resource for periodic testing.
- Engaging with vendors for contract maintenance renewals.
The role also involves;
- Taking principal responsibility for ensuring effective and efficient MSSQL and Oracle RDBMS support service is provided.
- Ensuring projects requiring Database and or Unix Engineer are resourced appropriately.
- Ensuring the appropriate management of system and security compliance and management of in scope Systems License compliance.
- Continuously improving system reliability, quality, and security through monitoring, reporting and fault resolution on supported platforms; and proactively identifying opportunities and take appropriate action.
If you have demonstrated experience in a similar role and/or vendor certifications in appropriate technologies and/or equivalent significant skills, knowledge and experience, we'd be very interested in hearing from you. The following is essential to be successful in the role and hit the ground running:
- High level of Database Administration skills in MSSQL 2012 or later and Database Administration skills in Oracle RBMS 11g or later. Significant experience with administering AWS RDS, MySql, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Reporting Services, Integration Services and other open-source RDBMS are desirable.
- Demonstrated highly expert knowledge of Sql Server High Availability environment, Windows Clustering, AlwaysOn, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle ASM, Data Guard, Oracle Grid and RMAN.
You will also be confident in and have highly developed and skills in the following:
- Problem-solving skills with the ability resolve particularly complex technical RDBMS related issues on Microsoft Windows, Unix, VMware, and Cloud environment; and advise on high level database solution designs.
- Organisational and project management skills with the ability to manage and resource projects effectively in a large, complex organisation.
- Analytical skills with strategic reasoning and judgement.
- Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate highly complex IT technological concepts to non-technical staff, in both verbal and written form.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: 50033848 DBA & UNIX TEAM LEADER.pdf
For further information on this position please contact Jacques Zobouian, Manager, Platforms and Hosting on 02 8333 2669.
Apply at abc.net.au/careers
Applications Close: 11:55 pm, Sunday, 19 April.