- Permanent Full Time
- ASX Top 50 Leading Energy Infrastructure Company
- Spring Hill, QLD – domestic relocation assistance
APA is one of Australia’s leading energy infrastructure businesses. We own and operate Australia’s largest gas network with over 1800 people across almost 70 sites throughout mainland, regional and remote Australia, APA also own or have interests in gas storage facilities, gas-fired power stations, gas processing plants, wind farms and solar farms. We have a strong commitment to achieving the best outcome through an inclusive and collaborative culture.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our Transformation and Technology team in Spring Hill QLD on a full time basis.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Operations Manager you will play a key role in implementing, managing and supporting specific IT infrastructure systems throughout the APA Group IT Infrastructure environment. These systems will generally be of national importance and provide services to all APA Group staff.
The implementation, management, ongoing support and continuous improvement of APA Grid and Digital Customer Experience (DCX) Systems, as well as additional APA technologies.
- Provide support and guidance on Azure & AWS as we move to our cloud first strategy.
- Develop and maintain operational standards and technical documentation for the relevant systems including Cloud solutions.
- Ensure appropriate levels of monitoring are being undertaken and actioned where appropriate and providing recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Be the conduit for all APA Grid projects and initiatives and be a key player in the cloud journey.
- Participate in the Infrastructure on call process.
- Extensive IT experience within a commercial business environment.
- Support and maintenance of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Server and Desktop).
- Managing & Maintaining Cloud Environments (Azure & AWS).
- Proficiency in using ITIL processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build solid working relationships with various departments.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical people.
- The ability to make well-informed decisions, provide sound guidance and exercise objectivity in a variety of situations.
- Strong influencing and customer management skills, including the ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL & Oracle Databases (advantageous).
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
Role closes Sunday 18th April 2021. Role reference 302.
Visit us on apa.com.au/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.