Wesley Medical Research is a not-for-profit organisation that focuses on improving patient care and quality of life through applied health and medical research.
Our vision is to be recognised as a world leader in applied medical research and be acknowledged for achieving excellence and innovation in patient care. Wesley Medical Research aims to foster a strong research culture investing in innovations that lead to faster diagnoses, better treatment options and ultimately cures for the most debilitating illnesses and disease.
As the official research organisation for UnitingCare, the research activity undertaken by Wesley Medical Research aims to span all UnitingCare hospitals including The Wesley Hospital, St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital at the Sunshine Coast, and St Stephen’s Hospital at Hervey Bay. Wesley Medical Research collaborates with other UnitingCare agencies, industry, research organisations and academia to impact the health of all Australians and beyond.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a Senior Philanthropy Manager for an initial 12 month contract, with a possibility of extension, to join our Executive Management Team.
This senior position reports directly to the General Manger and is responsible for the strategic design and operations of the fundraising, marketing and communications portfolio at Wesley Medical Research. Driving the Fundraising function and overseeing the Marketing team, this role will drive and develop Wesley Medical Research’s fundraising, marketing and communications strategy and strengthen previously underdeveloped opportunities, significantly growing WMR revenue through engagement, fundraising, corporate support and major gifts.
The successful candidate will ideally present with the following:
· Relevant tertiary qualifications and industry experience
· Demonstrated track record of success in a similar role
· Demonstrable experience managing fundraising programs, preferably within a health or research environment
· Demonstrated leadership, management and interpersonal skills
· A thorough understanding of current trends in donor acquisition and retention strategies, data analytics and moves management
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team in an effective, proactive and co-operative manner
· High level of initiative and a flexible attitude, including the capacity to acquire new skills and multi-task
· Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks effectively to meet deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with medical and scientific staff, donors and external corporate partners
· A proactive attitude and enthusiasm for addressing unexpected challenges on short notice
· Proficiency in a wide range of computer applications, including the use of Microsoft Office software programs (including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access) and other databases
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills that enable the appointee to effectively communicate with varied clients and stakeholders
· Commitment to WMR to promote quality in research and enhance the reputation of the organisation and its researchers
· Experience overseeing a marketing, communications and engagement program
· Experience leading digital engagement
· Experience leading a planned giving (bequest) program
· Financial experience
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, please apply now, submitting your Resume and Cover Letter addressing your experience against the above criteria and any significant achievements you think we should know about in your roles to date to Simon Smith email: email@example.com
In return, we offer a competitive salary with significant N-F-P salary sacrifice benefits, a dynamic and rewarding work environment and an opportunity to be part of an organisation that genuinely makes a real difference to the lives of the people it deals with.