Investment Performance Analyst
An exciting open term full time opportunity has arisen for an experienced Investment Performance Analyst to join QIC’s Operations and Technology team in Brisbane CBD.
Reporting to the Head of Investment Performance, your role will span key areas of investment performance analytics through application of advanced theoretical understanding and analytical skills.
With your existing experience in listed and unlisted asset classes and performance methodologies, the key focus of the role is on unlisted assets. You will also be responsible for managing operational relationships with investment teams, identifying any potential risks for performance services and assisting in the development of risk mitigation strategies.
This career defining position provides an exciting opportunity to join a high-energy, dynamic and motivated team who are passionate about what they do, encourage knowledge sharing and cross skilling. Innovation is important to the team, you will be encouraged to think outside the box, come up with and contribute ideas to continual process improvements.
The key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
· Applying theoretical understanding and experience to investment performance primarily across unlisted assets; infrastructure, real estate and private equity.
· Undertakes processes and controls which generate performance results and analysis for use by investment teams, client reporting, and finance.
· Involvement in identifying, managing, implementing and testing configuration changes within the Eagle Performance system.
· Uses analytical skill and a creative approach to contribute to solutions to complex problems.
· Review and approve investment performance components of marketing material and official performance information.
· Negotiate performance measurement requirements for new clients/products and changes to existing services as part of the Operational Change process.
· Provide cost effective and innovative solutions including identifying and removing inefficiencies.
The ideal candidate
As an ideal candidate for this role, you will have a strong passion for performance, keen interest in all asset classes, a solid understanding of accounting data, investment performance and a strong interest in systems with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Bringing a positive attitude to the team as well as a keen interest to learn and grow within the role, you will be a proven self-starter, confident in your ability to “hit the ground running” with a service orientated attitude. Strong attention to detail and data modelling skills are critical in this role.
As a strong candidate for this role, you will have:
· Tertiary qualifications in Finance or Maths related discipline
· Post Graduate qualifications in Finance or Maths related discipline, CFA or CIPM
· 5+ years’ experience in investment performance analytics
· Strong knowledge of unlisted asset classes and the applicable performance methodologies including theoretical hedging
· Strong technical and industry knowledge, negotiation skills and issue resolution capabilities
· Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
· Extensive knowledge of investment performance evaluation techniques and associated systems
· Knowledge of investment industry performance standards
· Solid system experience required in Excel and SQL, BI tools such as Power BI desirable
· Experience working with the Eagle Performance system and undertaking configuration changes is highly desirable
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our career’s portal by Monday, 22 July 2019.
Applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered.
Follow QIC on LinkedIn to receive the latest industry news and job updated at https://www.linkedin.com/company/qic
QIC is a leading long-term specialist manager in alternatives offering infrastructure, real estate, private capital, liquid strategies and multi-asset investments. It is one of the largest institutional investment managers in Australia, with A$85 billion dollars (31 December 2018) in funds under management. QIC has over 1000 employees and serves more than 115 clients. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, QIC also has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, New York, Los Angeles, Cleveland, San Francisco, London and Copenhagen. For more information, please visit: www.qic.com.
At QIC our pursuit is to be an inclusive organisation, one in which every employee has a true voice. We want every employee to have a sense of belonging within QIC and to know that their differences are valued, whatever the difference. We want to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure we are leveraging the uniqueness of all our people.