- $101,576 plus 15% Superannuation
- Ongoing, Full-time role based in South Canberra
- Rare opportunity to join the Zone Assets team
Evoenergy’s Zone Assets team is looking for a dynamic and solutions driven Communication Systems Specialist to join the team. You will be responsible for the engineering, testing, commissioning and maintenance of communications systems used for protection, control, SCADA and other operational requirements in the Evoenergy electrical network.
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive
In this role, you will:
- Perform design, configuration, integration and testing activities for communications systems for substation automation, distribution automation and customer embedded generation projects.
- Assist field staff with installation, testing and commissioning of communications systems.
- Assist with the specification, selection and procurement of communications systems and devices.
- Coordination of communications systems defect investigations and resolution activities.
- Assist with the development of communications systems standards and processes.
- Assist with the development of asset specific plans for communications systems assets.
What do you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Knowledge of Communications systems, including the following:
o Design, specification, engineering, implementation and commissioning of communications systems and devices
o Industrial control system protocols such as IEC61850, DNP3 and Modbus
o Cyber security risks and mitigations applicable to industrial control systems
o Communications networks including IP networks, fibre optic and radio communications systems
o Integrating control systems with a range of different vendor devices
- You are a self-starter, who is passionate about technology and cares about driving positive safety behaviour every single day
- The ability to work as part of a collaborative team to deliver solutions and outcomes
You can apply through our online recruitment portal by outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the ‘what do you need’ statements in your cover letter.
For more information you can contact James Cole, Zones Manager on (02) 6293 5178. Or, if you need assistance with the application process please email email@example.com
Applications will close on Thursday 13 August 2020.
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds