Platform Engineer – Learning & Teaching Solutions – Griffith University
The Learning & Teaching Solutions (LTS) team delivers high quality applications, platforms and support services that are the core components of the enterprise Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) known as Learning@Griffith.
As a Platform Engineer in LTS, you will work in a Collaborative Team on BAU activities and also have the opportunity to contribute to interesting ongoing improvement initiatives and other relevant projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work within a small team of engineers.
- Opportunity of partaking in training courses to uplift your technical skills.
- Solve problems and learn something new every day with a team that support each other.
- Flexible Work from home, work onsite 40%/60% split.
What we can offer
This is a continuing, full-time position and will be based at the Griffith University Nathan campus. As Griffith is a multi-campus University you may be required to work across other campus locations.
The full time equivalent base salary will be HEW Level 7 range $89,384 - 96,838 per annum + 17% superannuation. The total package will be in the range $104,580 - $113,301 per annum.
To be successful in this role, you will be an experienced versatile, motivated IT professional with relevant qualifications and a strong background in supporting and delivering enterprise scale applications, both cloud and locally hosted, as well as a strong desire to continue to learn.
Preferred technical skills:
- Demonstrated experience supporting, configuring and monitoring large enterprise environments.
- Demonstrated experience in IT change management
- Programming and scripting skills applied to automation and solution development.
- Experience with cloud-based deployments and support (e.g. Azure) desirable.
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment well regarded.
- Software Development and /or DevOps skills well regarded.
- Experience with higher education IT and MS Teams well regarded.
- Availability to participate on the on-call roster (Rostering once every 8 weeks) essential.
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We support the professional and personal development of all our employees and invest in the skills of our people. We offer:
- mix of on campus and work from home options available and a supportive work environment
- salary packaging options and corporate health discounts
- generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave and leave loading
- support with future learning opportunities through our educational staff assistance scheme
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- A covering statement outlining your suitability for the role and your current curriculum vitae, including name and contact details.
For further information specifically about this role, please contact Leigh Stevenson, Product Manager - Learning & Teaching Solutions at [email protected]
For application support, please contact People Services on +61 (0) 7 3735 4011.
Closing date: Open until filled. All applications must be submitted online.