We are currently seeking an Azure Stack Operations professional to lead our Private Cloud Azure Stack team. This is a team and technical leadership role combining technical excellence in delivery, team management and hands-on engineering, integration, planning, packaging and support services across IaaS, PaaS and development environments. The position is responsible for operating Azure Stack infrastructure end-to-end planning, deployment and integration, packaging and offering cloud resources and requested services on the infrastructure. The primary focus is on the management of the infrastructure services, physical infrastructure and tenancies of Azure Stack environments. Our Private Cloud Azure Stack operations team will report into this position.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Driving compliance with all Private Cloud operational and security policies, procedures and processes to ensure an exceptional level of quality
- Owning platform currency, operational planning for equipment refresh and relevant communications on schedules with no downtime to customers
- Identifying and implementing improvements to operational processes
- Facilitating the process of capacity management by identifying and communicating existing and upcoming capacity issues via proactive forecasting working with the wider team
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of technology developments and providing suitable interpretation to Management and relevant staff within the organisation
- Reporting as required, ensuring all operational and reporting documentation is prepared for the customer, architecture and senior management as required
- Ensuring the Azure Stack, Private Cloud operations remain aligned to global best practices and deliver a stable, secure and highly available environment
- Supporting customer on-boarding with a strong focus on the customer experience
- Willingness to accept customer feedback and drive positive customer outcomes as a result of the feedback
- Providing process, dev ops and operational leadership and solution validation/qualification for tenders and bids
- Providing leadership and support for direct reports and wider Private Cloud team
- Ensuring team compliance with operational procedures; and
- Developing effective working relationships with members of the team to ensure the best outcome.
To be considered for this position, you will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in relevant areas, such as system Azure, management tools, service delivery management, technical support, service desk, infrastructure support, business analysis and operations, general development and IT management
- Experience in people management, performance management, change management, including building and managing high performing teams
- Hands-on experience managing complex solutions in large organisations
- Previous experience working as a Cloud Engineer in a mid or large size corporate environment in addition to experience working in a multi-tenanted Cloud environment
- Experience leading an ITIL aligned environment and applying agile methodology as required
- Expert knowledge of Operational Best Practices, ITIL processes, change management, project management and PowerShell
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, Continuous Delivery Pipeline and associated technologies
- Full stack engineering skills with the ability to support a range of infrastructure and PaaS components comprising of PaaS functions, Backups, Server, Storage, Hypervisor, Storage Switches and network devices; as well as
- Familiarity with virtualised environments running on Hyper-V or other hypervisors, SDN, DR, Azure and its services and ISO 20001.
In addition to strong technical ability, we are also looking for an individual with well developed interpersonal skills as this is crucial to success within this position. The ideal candidate possesses exceptional stakeholder management abilities and takes on a consultative approach to dealing with people at all levels within and outside of the organisation. They are a self-starter who provides strong leadership and demonstrates an action-orientated approach to achieving results.
This position has the flexibility to be based out of the following Datacom offices: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth, Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch or Hamilton.
If this position is of interest to you, please submit your resume and cover letter as soon as possible. Candidates must have valid work rights and undergo a police background check to be considered for this role.