At Unitywater, we operate in a diverse and inclusive environment where no two days are the same. We provide essential water supply and reliable utilities services to the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Noosa regions that account for 16% of Queensland’s population. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and we are proud to service our communities with smart and environmentally sustainable practices.
About the role:
Unitywater is at the forefront of innovation in the water industry and is looking for an Information Systems Support Lead to provide critical system support and deliver ongoing business improvements with a focus on better ‘fit for purpose’ practice and continuous improvement.
The Technology Operations function is responsible for the overall management of the day to day operations of the technology environment in supporting and maintaining infrastructure, systems and applications while achieving set targets and associated outcomes for the business. Reporting to the Information Systems Manager, your key responsibility is to maintain daily system operations and deliver continuous business improvements and optimisation of information systems
To contribute to Unitywater’s values of Reliability, Safety, Honesty & Integrity, Efficiency, One Team, Innovation, you will demonstrate the following skills and qualities for the role:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including the proven ability to effectively communicate and influence decisions with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated expertise in technology service availability, performance and capacity, along with information security knowledge.
- Customer focus with the ability to liaise with internal stakeholders in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with Third Party Vendors.
- Ability to support with the translation of a business or customer experience need into system design and business requirements.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to explore alternatives to reach outcomes that are supported and accepted by various parties.
- Sharp, strategic and critical thinking skills and effective problem-solving ability.
Working at Unitywater:
Unitywater is one of the largest employers in the region, offering continuous investment in training, diverse career paths, health and wellness benefits, flexible work arrangements and a rewarding environment. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment that supports individuals to reach their full potential.
We know that we are smarter, better, together. That’s why we are committed to working in a team that includes values the unique contributions of all our people. Unitywater actively encourages candidates with all abilities and diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply:
Applicants will need to demonstrate eligibility and right to work in Australia and successfully complete relevant pre-employment checks, including verification of criminal history, drivers licence and driving history, alcohol and other drug screening.
Applications close: Sunday 27 October
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date
Please note previous applicants need not apply
For further information or to request the position description for this role, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org