At Unitywater, we operate in a diverse and inclusive environment where no two days are the same. We provide essential water supply and reliable utilities services to the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Noosa regions that account for 16% of Queensland’s population. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and we are proud to service our communities with smart and environmentally sustainable practices.
About the role:
The Technology Governance Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing operation of the Technology Governance Framework that supports both the corporate and technology strategies, while ensuring the Technology function delivers value to the business stakeholders and its’ customers. The role will deliver key technology enabled benefits through cost efficiency, management and mitigation of risks, identifying opportunities, leading continuous improvement and driving security-related enhancements. With offices on the Sunshine Coast and Caboolture, this role offers flexibility in terms of location, and allows you to avoid the city commute!
Key responsibilities for this opportunity include the following:
- Technology Governance addressing all required oversight requirements and ensuring the ongoing operation and performance of the Technology function in delivering value to the business.
- Technology Risk Management across all Technology service areas. This includes the ongoing identification, evaluation and mitigation of risks and opportunities.
- Information Security Management delivering effective controls to enable the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Unitywater Technology assets.
- Technology Disaster Recovery to enable the ongoing operation of relevant business services in the event of a disruption.
- Technology Compliance Management supporting regulatory requirements and standard specific obligations.
- Technology Assurance supporting internal and external audit activity, as well as the management and mitigation of findings.
- Strong leadership skills with success in building high performing teams and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in Technology Governance, Risk and Security Management roles.
- A proven track record of successfully developing and operationalising Technology Governance and Risk Frameworks to continuously deliver value to the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing complex organisational change initiatives with an enterprise scale, with positive business outcomes.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including the proven ability to effectively communicate and influence decisions with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to monitor, identify and assess new and emerging technology risks as well as implementing relevant controls for mitigation.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of appropriate Technology risk models.
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, management or a business-related discipline.
- C Class Driver’s License.
Working at Unitywater:
Unitywater is one of the largest employers in the region, offering continuous investment in training, diverse career paths, health and wellness benefits, flexible work arrangements and a rewarding environment. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment that supports individuals to reach their full potential.
We know that we are smarter, better, together. That’s why we are committed to working in a team that includes values the unique contributions of all our people. Unitywater actively encourages candidates with all abilities and diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply:
Applicants will need to demonstrate eligibility and right to work in Australia and successfully complete relevant pre-employment checks, including verification of criminal history, drivers licence and driving history, alcohol and other drug screening.
Applications close: COB Wednesday 16 October 2019
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date
For further information or to request the position description for this role, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org