Technology Support Officer
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a Technology Support Officer to join Digital Business Solution, Administrative Division.
The Technology Support Officer will work in a team environment to assist in providing efficient audio visual and/or desktop support services related to the client computing and learning environment service streams across the broader University community. The role will assist in the provision of broad ranging Tier 3 technology support across the service streams to a diverse client base via face- to-face and remote management technologies to troubleshoot and resolve issues and to install, service and repair equipment as required. The role will assist with the provision of support for either audio visual systems or for common software applications, including MS Office suite applications, as well as providing high-level Audio Visual, Windows and Mac computing support services to meet client needs. Maintaining a client-centric approach, the role will assist with the identification and documentation of clients’ requirements, problem solve and maintain ownership of issues and ensure appropriate communication with the client. The Technology Support Officer may be assigned to any service stream within LETS. The role is critical to driving business efficiencies and ensuring that day to day IT infrastructure runs smoothly, so therefore may be required to be contactable and/or work outside standard business hours.
Real world impact
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a 'real world' focus. We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they will need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world.
About the area
Digital Business Solutions (DBS) provides support for staff and students across a range of information and technology services. DBS uses technology to create value for our students and customers through the portfolios of Learning and Teaching, Research and Innovation, and Professional Services. DBS embraces digital transformation as being fundamental to our service in supporting QUT’s aspirations outlined in Connections– the QUT Strategy 2023 to 2027. Digital Business Solutions is responsible for a wide range of services in delivering and supporting digital solutions for QUT. DBS comprises seven business units with dynamic knowledge and expertise that work collectively with the University’s Faculties, Institutes and Divisions to provide quality Digital Solutions and Services in support of both QUT’s Strategic Objectives and in core operations for learning and teaching, research and innovation and professional services..
What you need to succeed
- Completion of a bachelor degree in IT or a related field, or recognised technical training in the support of computing and/or AV systems (including operating systems and applications) as well as other supported technologies, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated high level team member and customer service skills with the proven ability to problem solve and respond to changing client needs.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including time management and the ability to contribute effectively within a large complex organisation with a fast-paced changing service environment
- Experience in one or more of the following: Microsoft Windows, Apple, AMX or similar, or other operating systems and commonly used application packages.
- Relevant industry certifications such as Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP); IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations; Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) and/or AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) will be highly regarded.
Life at QUT
We're committed to building a culture that fosters connection between people and purpose. Beyond personal and professional fulfillment, a career at QUT offers:
- A healthy work-life balance with a blend of on-campus and off-campus work arrangements for applicable positions.
- Competitive remuneration with up to 17% superannuation.
- Generous maternity leave including primary carer parental leave of up to 26 weeks (including 17% super).
- Stay healthy with Fitness Passport and enjoy discounted rates on private health insurance.
- Leave loading of 17.5%.
- Purchased Leave Scheme - up to 8 extra weeks.
- Salary Packaging Scheme for additional superannuation contributions, vehicle leasing, and on-campus services such as childcare, parking, and gyms.
- Numerous opportunities for professional development including leadership programs and workshops, and our study assistance scheme.
- Commitment to our Indigenous Australian staff through initiatives such as the Indigenous Australian Staff Network, Cultural and Ceremonial Leave, Staff Development Workshops, and representation on university committees.
- We see diversity and inclusion as our strengths.
Explore more benefits of life at QUT.
Belong at QUT
We are guided by our values of Ambition, Curiosity, Integrity, Inclusiveness, Innovation, and Academic Freedom and our QUT Connections in our mission to inspire and shape the next generation of change-makers.
In support of our Indigenous Australians Employment Strategy, we aspire to an Indigenous Australian workforce participation of 3.6% and we encourage Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander people to join us in pursuing a fulfilling career.
We believe in creating safe spaces for inclusivity to flourish and we know that diversity is our strength – see our commitment. If you’re curious, innovative, and ready to experience what a career at QUT can offer, we’re ready to meet you.
Reference number: 231018
Term: Fixed-term, full-time basis for 6 months
Remuneration: $87,588 to $98,791 pa (HEW5) (inclusive of $74,013 to $83,479 salary pa, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading)
Location: Kelvin Grove
Job opens: 13-Nov-2023
Applications Close: 27-Nov-2023 at 11.30pm
Open to: Open to applicants who have unrestricted work rights in Australia for the duration of the fixed-term appointment. In support of our strategic priority of Indigenous Australian success, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Find out more and apply by clicking Apply or the link below.
View the job details at: Queensland University of Technology - Technology Support Officer (nga.net.au)