Technical Business Analyst
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Technical Business Analyst in Brisbane on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Energy Components Development Team Lead and responsible for technical requirement gathering and documenting, translation of these to a detailed design, assisting developers in ensuring the solution meets the business requirements, implementing the technical solution development, and technical support to the BAU handover practices.
- Work closely with PMO colleagues, IT staff and other stakeholders throughout the system development lifecycle to clarify, refine, and specify business/technical requirements, evaluate potential solutions, and identify value outcomes for stakeholders
- Facilitates the delivery and supports a team that designs, develops, and tests complex technology solutions for APA’s highly customised Energy Component’s hydrocarbon accounting environment
- Technical guidance with the development and maturing tools that support the preparation of designs, estimates and planning for any enhancement or development delivered by Grid Program
- Develop and document AS-IS / TO-BE business processes, configuration scripts, and other associated functional specifications from end user requirements, as well as system documentation for change requests
- Supports development aspects including reports, interfaces, conversion programs, database design and creation, enhancements
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement and optimisation strategies related to business and technical analysis practices
- Proactively maintaining a level of professional and technical expertise commensurate with the position
- Providing quality business/technical analysis for a team that provides design and development services across energy components and integration technologies.
- Subject Matter Expert level experience in supporting the development of in Energy Components
- Working knowledge of gas transmission-related products and services
- Ability to act as technical SME for a team that provides design and development services across energy components and integration technologies
- Working knowledge of the processes and practices that support IT Service Management.
- Experience working with Project Delivery frameworks / methodologies, preferably including Agile and DevOps work practices
- Quality communication skills and the emotional intelligence to negotiate, persuade and influence internal and external stakeholders
About the Team
Technology underpins everything we do at APA from helping connect millions of Australians to essential energy sources every day to achieving our net zero ambition and the capability for our people to make this happen.
This is an exciting time for the team, we need people who are courageous, nimble, and ready to make an impact – change makers and risk takers.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, and work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Sunday 10 December 2023. Role Reference number 4728 Job Description is available on request by emailing [email protected] and quoting the above reference number.