Systems Support Officer – Operational Technology
- Work with a broad range of new technologies used to monitor and control the Power Grid
- Join a supportive & diverse team who value delivery with a sense of fun
- Option to work a 9 or 10-day fortnight. Flexible & hybrid work arrangements
Administer the supporting systems we use to manage, secure, maintain and monitor critical national infrastructure. Be the start of every possibility with Powerlink.
At Powerlink, every possibility starts with you
We believe life’s about possibilities. And so is the future.
That’s why we need you. As an OT Systems Support Officer, you’ll help us connect Queensland to an even brighter and more sustainable future, providing high voltage electricity to more than five million Queenslanders and 253,000 businesses. No matter your role, your work is about every light turned on. It’s every community connected and every future made possible.
Together, we’re working at the heart of Queensland’s energy transformation. Now more than ever, we need people who want to help us deliver the new energy future and ensure we’re ready to tackle the challenge of our lives. Join us and make it happen.
Find a career that matters and lasts
As an OT Systems Support Officer, you’ll help create clever solutions to interesting problems as you grow your skills every day. And you’ll do it with down-to-earth people who you’re proud to work with and get to know. Here’s how:
- System administration and support across both Windows and Linux environments
- Administer the supporting systems we use to manage, secure, maintain and monitor critical national infrastructure
- Be involved in the end-to-end system including storage, backup, operating system and application on bare metal and hypervisor.
- Support internal customers by investigating issues and system health, making use of internal ticketing systems.
- Enjoy the challenge and variety in the systems and technologies that we support and troubleshoot.
What you’ll bring
- Degree qualifications in Information Technology (IT), Electrical or Electronics engineering or an Advanced Diploma in IT, Electrical or Electronics Engineering coupled with significant experience
- Demonstrated experience providing system administration and support in Windows and Linux environments
- Willingness to participate in an on-call/overtime roster
We’d also love you to have:
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Antimalware and Vulnerability Management tools
- Configuration Management and Orchestration tools
- Network Management tools
- PowerShellPythonShell scripting
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Experience working within an Operational Technology (OT) environment is desirable but not essential
- Experience within the electricity industry or similar (utilities, oil & gas, mining, heavy industry etc) would be advantageous but isn’t mandatory
- Ability to apply knowledge of relevant legislative requirements
- Skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution, including root cause analysis
What matters most is your drive to make and impact for the millions of people we serve. Through our core values of accountability, customer service, teamwork and safety, you’ll strive to question and challenge the ordinary every day.
There’s lots to love about a career with Powerlink. But our people say that there are 3 things that really stand out:
- A career that matters and lasts: You’ll shape a progressive career connecting more than five million Queenslanders to a world-class, green energy future.
- Unique work and the chance to grow: You’ll find smart solutions to interesting problems as you develop your skills and impact every day.
- People who love to support and share: You’ll build relationships with experienced, down-to-earth people who you’ll be proud to work with.
You’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Hybrid & flexible working arrangements
- 14 weeks paid parental leave - at full or half pay
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities & work with some of the best in the industry!
- Free undercover parking and charging stations for electric vehicles & onsite gymnasium
- Access to a corporate health plan with employee discounts, annual flu vaccinations
Be the start of every possibility
There’s so much opportunity for you to grab here. If this role sounds like it would suit you, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please click on the Apply button above. This will take you to our careers page, where you’ll start the application process by attaching your resume and cover letter. Applications close Sunday 25th February. Kindly be aware that the Recruitment team will commence the review process during this period.
If you’d like to find out more about this position, please reach out to our recruitment team at [email protected]
At Powerlink, we are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people.
Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
Powerlink is a Veteran-Friendly Employer. We recognise the significant skills and value and Veterans can bring, and ensure Veterans have equal opportunity in gaining employment with us. If you’re a Veteran, feel free to let us know in your application or reach out to find out how we can support you.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include, but are not limited to: reference checks, criminal background checks, right to work eligibility, verification of academic qualifications, and bankruptcy check.
We’re proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer, and commit to respond to every applicant.