APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employ more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for an Energy Components System Analyst in Brisbane on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Energy Components Development Team Lead. Primary Objective is Provision of high quality technical capabilities in application design, development, and testing services across APA Grid Systems. Responsible for implementing appropriate technical solution development and technical supporting BAU handover practices
Provision of technical software development mentorship and support applied business knowledge, and technical support for quality assurance practices to APA Grid’s solution delivery streams. Responsible for input to the development of technical documentation to support system maintenance, monitoring and support of the delivered solution throughout its lifecycle.
- Participate in a team that designs, develops, and tests complex technology solutions for APA’s highly customised Energy Component’s environment.
- Technical excellence with EC software development and support of tools that support the preparation of designs, estimates and planning for any enhancement or development delivered by Grid Program.
- Prepare technical document in support of CAB and Energy Components Design Authority discussions.
- Together with Energy Components Leaders, drive the continuous evolution of development frameworks, standards and work practices, aligned to Industry and best practice.
- Provide technical leadership and support within the software development Team. This includes but is not limited to identification and management of risk, fostering a culture of continuous improvement, developing workforce capability, developing standards, procedures, and governance documentation to support the operating model.
- Working knowledge of gas transmission-related products and services
- Experience in business & systems analysis
- Working knowledge of the processes and practices that support IT Service Management.
- Experience working with Project Delivery frameworks / methodologies, preferably including Agile and DevOps work practices
- Experience delivering application development standards and procedural guidelines; service delivery and solutions documentation processes and work practices
About the Team
Technology underpins everything we do at APA from helping connect millions of Australians to essential energy sources every day to achieving our net zero ambition and the capability for our people to make this happen to help APA power ahead, our Security team is focused on ensuring APAs systems, people and processes are safe and secure - enabling APA to be world class in energy solutions.
This is an exciting time for the team, we need people who are courageous, nimble, and ready to make an impact – change makers and risk takers
About the Team
Technology underpins everything we do at APA from helping connect millions of Australians to essential energy sources every day to achieving our net zero ambition and the capability for our people to make this happen.
To help APA power ahead, our Security team is focused on ensuring APAs systems, people and processes are safe and secure - enabling APA to be world class in energy solutions.
This is an exciting time for the team, we need people who are courageous, nimble, and ready to make an impact – change makers and risk takers.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you. Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Tuesday 19 December 2023 (8:00am). Role Reference number: 5009 .
PD is available on request by emailing [email protected]
Visit us on apa.com.au/careers.