APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a System Analyst in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Asset Management Systems Lead responsible for performing full Application Lifecycle Management in the Asset Management Systems team, including Design, Development, System Administration, Monitoring, Maintenance and Technical Support.
- Responding to and resolving technical issues, including triaging, analysing, troubleshooting, identifying the root cause, and implementing solutions
- Performing and coordinating technical activities as well as maintaining clear communication with stakeholders throughout the activity lifecycle
- Monitoring application performance to proactively maintain and update applications to ensure optimal performance
- Collaborating with other team members, separate IT teams, vendors, operational stakeholders and users
- Identification of recurring issues and analysis to determine root causes of problems
- Strong experience in planning and performing system maintenance and administration activities
- Identify and manage vulnerabilities through their lifecycle in accordance with APA requirements
- Develop and enhance system documentation including support knowledge, technical specifications, data models, and process flow diagrams
- Experience in analysing and resolving technical issues within IT systems and applications
- Experience in database management and query languages
- Experience of data integration techniques and API integrations
- Familiarity with network components and cloud technologies
- Experience in identification of system needs and translating them into functional specifications
- Understanding of testing methodologies and tools to ensure the reliability, performance, and scalability systems
About the Team
The APA Asset Management Systems Team maintain and operate technology solutions that underpin and enable APA’s portfolio of energy generation, transmission and distribution assets.
The technology solutions that we deliver helps APA to achieve its business strategy and goals, extract maximum value from its assets, and deliver value for its customers.
Our team develop, maintain and support applications to ensure they are available, functional and regularly enhanced to support changing business needs.
We are increasing our application support to include SmartIQ, adding to our existing portfolio of applications including Maximo, Salesforce, Viziya, NEXUS, Mainpac, and others.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, and work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes 28 November 2023. Role Reference 5278. Job Description is available on request by emailing [email protected] and quoting the above reference number.