Senior System Analyst
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior System Analyst in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Asset Management Systems Lead responsible for performing full Application Lifecycle Management of Maximo and other related Asset and Works Management systems, including Design, Development, System Administration, Monitoring, Maintenance and Technical Support.
- Identify recurring issues and analyse root causes of problems, including presentation of and endorsement of recommendations for management
- Plan, coordinate, support, and execute design, estimates, and development of technical solutions and initiatives in accordance with team technical standards
- Make design decisions for technical solution, ensuring they align with best practices, standards, the overall system architecture, and strategy
- Provide advanced technical subject matter expertise and input into IT projects, business cases, and enhancements
- Performing technical lead or assurance roles in major projects to ensure project delivery aligns to standards, strategy, and supports successful delivery
- Providing assistance and guidance to staff during the development and testing of applications
- Providing expert advice and advanced solutions for complex issues
- knowledge of the Maximo platform, including its various modules, configurations, and functionalities
- Extensive experience designing and configuring Maximo applications, workflows, data structures, and integration points to meet business requirements
- Knowledge of Maximo security features and ability to implement and maintain appropriate access controls, ensuring data privacy and system integrity.
- Advanced skills in one or more programming languages
- Experience in database configuration and data management including extraction, analysing, and updating data through SQL
- Experience in providing technical leadership within projects
- Proficiency in performing system installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of data integration techniques and API integrations
About the Team
Technology underpins everything we do at APA from helping connect millions of Australians to essential energy sources every day to achieving our net zero ambition and the capability for our people to make this happen.
To help APA power ahead, our Security team is focused on ensuring APAs systems, people and processes are safe and secure - enabling APA to be world class in energy solutions.
This is an exciting time for the team, we need people who are courageous, nimble, and ready to make an impact – change makers and risk takers.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, and work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes 30 September 2023. Role Reference 4522. Job Description is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting the above reference number.