The Game Changers:
At AP+ we're changing the game! We're doing big things, and we can't do it alone. We're part of a big ecosystem, and we know teamwork and passion for our purpose is what will make us successful. We value the unique talents, perspectives, of all our employees. This includes people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, First Nations Peoples, people of all abilities and diverse backgrounds, as well as their families. AP+ brings together Australia’s three domestic payment providers, BPAY Group, eftpos and NPP Australia, into one integrated entity. Bringing these businesses together enables AP+ to create a more competitive and coordinated Australian payments organisation that is strategically placed to respond to the impacts of regulatory and technological change today, and into the future.
As the Senior DevSecOps Engineer, you will work with the Head of Technology, DevOps Team Lead, Architects and Developers to design, develop and maintain the ConnectID cloud infrastructure. You will play a key role in improving, securing and shaping the future of our infrastructure and ensuring it continues to meet the business needs.
*This role will require the successful applicant to be available to work as part of the on-call team when required.
You will be responsible for:
- Automating and maintaining operations in cloud-based environments using IaC
- Designing and implementing observability infrastructure, including monitoring, logging, and tracing solutions.
- Collaborate with team members on the delivery of new features
- Working closely with the developers in the creation of advanced cloud solutions
- Evolving the platform in line with developments and changes to cloud based capabilities and services
- Identify technology improvement and transformation opportunities to enhance customer service, reduce operating costs, and maximise the speed of implementation
- Participating in technical discovery and design
- Liaising with security team members to ensure the platform is secure
- Addressing identified security vulnerabilities in a proactive and timely manner
In order for you to be successful in the role, you’ll have proven experience with:
- Infrastructure as code frameworks such as Terraform, AWS CDK with a major public cloud provider such as AWS.
- Strong capability in building monitoring systems for microservices and serverless workloads.
- Experience in using monitoring tools like Datadog, Dynatrace etc
- Strong containerisation skills with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Cloud networking such as VPC, NACL ,WAF, load balancers etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security, Identity, Compliance and Governance best practice.
- An automation first mindset with experience in at least one scripting language.
- Implementation & maintenance of CI/CD pipelines.
- Working in an environment that is Agile and test-driven.
- Working with distributed systems/microservice/severless architecture.
- Databases like Postgres, Aurora, Oracle is preferred
We know applying for a role can be a nerve-wracking experience, so we endeavor to review applications and plan to schedule screening interviews within the next two weeks. If you are among selected candidates, we’ll be in touch to schedule a phone interview. In any case, we will keep you posted on the status of your application.
We want to remove all barriers to inclusion so if you need advice or support with your application, we’re here to help. Please reach out to [email protected] We also encourage you to let us know your pronouns at any point during the recruitment process.