Senior Business Systems Analyst
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join Digital Business Solution, Administrative Division.
SAMS is one of the systems managed by the Student Systems team. The Senior Business Systems Analyst is one of several senior positions dedicated to the management of SAMS. The purpose of this position is to partner with the business teams to ensure that business processes, system configurations and solution designs are aligned to SAMS to achieve maximum efficiency/value for an enhanced student experience. The Senior Business Systems Analyst works to successfully balance the core IT Service Management practice as well as contribute and lead transformation/enhancement of QUT’s student experience by leveraging the SAMS enterprise system.
We’re offering this role as a hybrid position as part of QUT’s commitment to embracing the opportunities created by a more virtual and connected world.
Real world impact
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a 'real world' focus. We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they will need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world.
About the area
Digital Business Solutions (DBS) provides support for staff and students across a range of information and technology services. DBS uses technology to create value for our students and customers through the portfolios of Learning and Teaching, Research and Innovation, and Professional Services. DBS embraces digital transformation as being fundamental to our service in supporting QUT’s aspirations..
What you need to succeed
1. Education, training, and/or relevant experience equivalent to postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience.
2. Demonstrated experience and success in the role of a business analyst, leveraging a large corporate information system to identify and deliver significant and measurable value to the business.
3. Ability to demonstrate a strength in both contemporary technical analysis and business analysis, including the ability to understand or learn:
• relational databases and database query tools, e.g. SQL;
• business process management techniques and mapping including data analysis; integrating data to and from
• the student management system, interpreting relevant business rules with the ability to learn related integration testing methods and tools, e.g. REST or API driven web services and event driven integration;
• problem solving, root cause analysis and resolving incidents.
4. Proven ability to partner with senior stakeholders to determine and design a roadmap aligned to a target future state for the business.
5. Proven success in contributing to or leading projects (with a focus on process enhancement leveraging technology solutions).
6. High level verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to consult and liaise with staff and stakeholders at relevant levels, and to produce high quality reports (including current and future state process documentation, project plans etc).
Life at QUT
We're committed to building a culture that fosters connection between people and purpose. Beyond personal and professional fulfillment, a career at QUT offers:
- A healthy work-life balance with a blend of on-campus and off-campus work arrangements for applicable positions.
- Competitive remuneration with up to 17% superannuation.
- Generous maternity leave including primary carer parental leave of up to 26 weeks (including 17% super).
- Stay healthy with Fitness Passport and enjoy discounted rates on private health insurance.
- Leave loading of 17.5%.
- Purchased Leave Scheme - up to 8 extra weeks.
- Salary Packaging Scheme for additional superannuation contributions, vehicle leasing, and on-campus services such as childcare, parking, and gyms.
- Numerous opportunities for professional development including leadership programs and workshops, and our study assistance scheme.
- Commitment to our Indigenous Australian staff through initiatives such as the Indigenous Australian Staff Network, Cultural and Ceremonial Leave, Staff Development Workshops, and representation on university committees.
- We see diversity and inclusion as our strengths.
- Explore more benefits of life at QUT.
Belong at QUT
We are guided by our values of Ambition, Curiosity, Integrity, Inclusiveness, Innovation, and Academic Freedom and our QUT Connections in our mission to inspire and shape the next generation of change-makers.
Reference number: 231079
Term: Ongoing Full-Time
Remuneration: Total remuneration range: $126,109 to $142,937 pa (HEW8) (inclusive of $106,563 to $120,783 pa salary, 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kelvin Grove (hybrid option available)
Job opens: 16-Nov-2023
Applications Close: 03-Dec-2023 at 11.30pm
Open to: Open to applicants who have ongoing full-time work rights in Australia. In support of our strategic priority of Indigenous Australian success, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Find out more and apply by clicking Apply or the link below.
View the job details at: Queensland University of Technology - Senior Business Systems Analyst (nga.net.au)