Senior Business Analyst
Griffith University is a progressive, values-led university dedicated to learning, leadership, and innovation. This is your chance to help us achieve our vision to transform lives and add to human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits all.
Since opening in 1975, Griffith has grown from one campus and 451 students to become a comprehensive, multi-campus institution, with 50,000 students and more than 200,000 graduates.
Digital Solutions. A team you’ll want to be a part of.
When you join Digital Solutions, you’ll be part of a team that delivers impact by enhancing digital experiences for the graduates of tomorrow, researchers of today and all those working to make it a brighter future.
But we know it’s not just what you do that matters, it’s who you do it with. Our people will tell you – our team sets us apart. We promise a supportive and friendly environment where you’ll collaborate to make an impact.
Make it matter. Join Digital Solutions at Griffith.
About the Opportunity
Digital Solutions is a value-driven strategic IT partner focused on delivering leading digital experiences for our Students, Colleagues and Community. We work within a contemporary operating model and are modernising our technologies and ways of working to create value and build a digital future for Griffith.
Senior Business Analysts act as the intermediary in more complex areas between the business and IT, using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve their desired outcomes. They actively plan and drive identifying unarticulated business needs and coordinating between stakeholder groups to address them; providing consultative support on business-led technology initiatives; creating prototypes and code signing innovative solutions; proactively monitoring industry, functional, and technology trends.
They work with clients to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs; understand the customer journey and define user requirements. They engage with clients to influence project decisions; assess the risks of various solutions and prioritise competing business demands. They actively drive the ongoing continual improvement of Business Analysis capability, methods and tools
- Specialist advice. Actively maintains recognised expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Business process improvement. Analyses and designs business processes; identifies alternative solutions to exploit new technologies and automation.
- Emerging technology monitoring. Supports monitoring of the external environment and assessment of emerging technologies to evaluate the potential impacts, threats and opportunities to the organisation.
- Business analysis. Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change.
- Business modelling. Conducts advanced modelling activities for significant change programmes and across multiple business functions.
- Requirements definition and management. Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for large, complex initiatives.
- Performance management. Supervises individuals and teams. Allocates routine tasks and/or project work.
- Relationship management. Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Lead and promote compliance with relevant legislation and University policies and procedures, including equity and health & safety and exhibit good practice in relation to same.
- Be a leading example of the principles and values embodied in the University’s Code of Conduct, and behave, act and communicate at all times to reflect fairness, ethics and professionalism.
- The occupant of this position will hold relevant postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience.
Candidates must have full unrestricted Australian work rights.
What we can offer
This is a fix term 12 month opportunity based at our Nathan campus. As Griffith is a multi-campus University you may be required to work across other campus locations.
HEW level 9 base salary range $ 123,186.62 - $ 127,591.31 per annum + 17% superannuation. The total FTE package is in the range $ 144,128.35 - $ 149,281.83 per annum.
Why join Griffith?
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We support the professional and personal development of all our employees and invest in the skills of our people. We offer:
- mix of on campus and work from home options available and a supportive work environment.
- salary packaging options and corporate health discounts.
- generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave and leave loading.
- support with future learning opportunities through our educational staff assistance scheme.
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- A covering statement outlining your suitability for the role referring to the Qualifications listed above and the position description
- Current curriculum vitae, including name and contact details
For application support, please contact People Services on +61 (0) 7 3735 4011 quoting REF3218M.
For further information on position details contact Billy Kirkley - Strategic Delivery Manager - University Operations on email@example.com
Closing date: Open until filled. All applications must be submitted online.