Product Manager – Digital Engagement and Marketing
Creating a brighter future for all
Griffith University is a progressive, values-led university dedicated to learning, leadership, and innovation. This is your chance to help us achieve our vision to transform lives and add to human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits all.
Since opening in 1975, Griffith has grown from one campus and 451 students to become a comprehensive, multi-campus institution, with 50,000 students and more than 200,000 graduates.
Digital Solutions. A team you’ll want to be a part of.
When you join Digital Solutions, you’ll be part of a team that delivers impact by enhancing digital experiences for the graduates of tomorrow, researchers of today and all those working to make it a brighter future.
But we know it’s not just what you do that matters, it’s who you do it with. Our people will tell you – our team sets us apart. We promise a supportive and friendly environment where you’ll collaborate to make an impact.
Make it matter. Join Digital Solutions at Griffith.
About the Opportunity
Digital Solutions is a value-driven strategic IT partner for the University. Focused on delivering leading digital experiences for our students, colleagues and community. We work within a contemporary operating model and are modernising our technologies and ways of working to create value and build a digital future for Griffith University.
As Product Manager, Digital Engagement & Marketing, you consult with University clients to understand strategic need, technology requirements and advise on appropriate solutions. You have full product ownership of the digital engagement and marketing platforms.
We are seeking a Product Manager, Digital Engagement and Marketing to join our Digital Solutions, IT Value Management leadership team.
Reporting to the IT Director - Value Management, the Product Manager is a customer focussed digital leader with a passion for technology delivery that supports Digital Marketing. This is a technology focussed role that consults with clients across the University to understand strategic need, technology requirements and advise on appropriate solutions and take full product ownership of digital engagement and marketing platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the senior leadership team and technical peers to develop the product vision, strategy and roadmap to uplift the University’s digital engagement and marketing platforms
- Consulting with clients across the University to understand strategic need, technology requirements and advise on appropriate solutions
- Full product ownership of the University’s digital engagement and marketing platforms, including the ongoing technology development of the platform, management of the backlog and platform service levels
- Managing demand to ensure that priorities can be sequenced and delivered using your platform team and co-ordinating skills from across Digital Solutions
- Implementation of contemporary ways of working to enhance and increase value delivery
- Leadership, coaching and career development of the Digital Engagement and Marketing platforms team
- Supplier management across the product landscape, collaborating within a commercial construct to deliver best value
- Extensive experience in a similar role where you held end to end accountability for Engagement and Marketing platforms (for example Squiz, Tealium CDP, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Experience Manager, Google Analytics).
- Technology delivery experience in the implementation and support of digital marketing solutions is a must
- Client-focused, data-driven and committed to continuous improvement of delivery management capability, methods, and tools
- An expert communicator with outstanding relationship and engagement skills
- Adept at building and leading high performing teams
- Able to develop, articulate and manage service level agreements to deliver solutions for clients
Candidates must have full unrestricted Australian work rights and will be subject to a National criminal history check.
What we can offer
This is a three-year fixed-term position based at our Nathan campus. As Griffith is a multi-site University you may be required to work across other campuses.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Why join Griffith?
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We support the professional and personal development of all our employees and invest in the skills of our people. We offer:
- mix of on campus and work from home options available and a supportive work environment.
- salary packaging options and corporate health discounts.
- generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave and leave loading.
- support with future learning opportunities through our educational staff assistance scheme.
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- A covering statement outlining your suitability for the role referring to the Qualifications listed above and the position description
- Current curriculum vitae, including name and contact details
For application support, please contact People Services on +61 (0) 7 3735 4011.
For further information on the role contact Alistair Burton on email@example.com
Closing date: 14th September @ 11:59pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.