Platform Engineer – Windows
Creating a brighter future for all
Griffith University is a progressive, values-led university dedicated to learning, leadership, and innovation. This is your chance to help us achieve our vision to transform lives and add to human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits all.
Since opening in 1975, Griffith has grown from one campus and 451 students to become a comprehensive, multi-campus institution, with 50,000 students and more than 200,000 graduates.
Digital Solutions. A team you’ll want to be a part of.
When you join Digital Solutions, you’ll be part of a team that delivers impact by enhancing digital experiences for the graduates of tomorrow, researchers of today and all those working to make it a brighter future.
But we know it’s not just what you do that matters, it’s who you do it with. Our people will tell you – our team sets us apart. We promise a supportive and friendly environment where you’ll collaborate to make an impact.
Make it matter. Join Digital Solutions at Griffith.
Digital Solutions is a value-driven strategic IT partner focused on delivering leading digital experiences for our Students, Colleagues and Community. We work within a contemporary operating model and are modernising our technologies and ways of working to create value and build a digital future for Griffith.
The IaaS Product team (Infrastructure as a Service) delivers secure, highly available infrastructure including Windows, Unix, VMware, Cloud IaaS and PaaS, Server and Storage. In this role, you’ll be working closely with other Windows engineers to identify and resolve incidents and requests that come via our incident management system.
- Work in a collaborative team, undertaking research and experiments in a demo environment
- Exciting project work as well as BAU activities
- Troubleshoot and work within a small team of engineers to deliver solutions
- Opportunity of partaking in training courses to uplift your technical skills
What we can offer
This is a continuing full-time position based at our Nathan campus.
The full time equivalent base salary will be HEW Level 6 range $85,287 - $90,972 per annum + 17% superannuation. The total FTE package will be in the range $99,786, - $106,437 per annum.
- Demonstrated experience supporting a large enterprise Microsoft Windows environment (Incl SCCM, SCOM, AD, Group Policy etc.)
- Experience in PowerShell scripting or similar scripting languages.
- On-Prem to Cloud migration experience is desirable.
- Experience with cloud-based deployments and support (e.g., Azure, AWS) well regarded.
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment well regarded.
- Availability to participate on the Windows On-Call roster (rostering once every 4-6 weeks)
Applicants must have unrestricted work rights and may be subject to a criminal history check.
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We support the professional and personal development of all our employees and invest in the skills of our people. We offer:
- mix of on campus and work from home options available and a supportive work environment.
- salary packaging options and corporate health discounts.
- generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave and leave loading.
- support with future learning opportunities through our educational staff assistance scheme.
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes a covering statement outlining your suitability for the role and your current curriculum vitae.
View the position description.
For further information specifically about this role, please contact Neal Edgeworth, Lead Platform Engineer - Windows at firstname.lastname@example.org
For application support, please contact People Services on +61 (0) 7 3735 4011.
Closing date: Open until filled. All applications must be submitted online.