Platform Engineer – Windows
Every institution values excellence. What matters most is why.
Griffith was created to be a different type of university. You’ll find we’re about leading research, academic excellence, and the transformative power of education. But what sets us apart is why those things matter and how you’ll achieve them.
Why? Griffith brings together exceptional minds like yours from across the globe and from all walks of life. Here, we do incredible work, questioning and challenging, always in the pursuit of excellence.
About the opportunity
Digital Solutions is a value-inspired strategic IT partner focused on delivering empowering digital experiences for our Students, Colleagues and Community. We work within a contemporary operating model and are modernising our technologies and ways of working to create value and build a digital future for Griffith.
The IaaS Product team (Infrastructure as a Service) delivers secure, highly available infrastructure including Windows, Unix, VMware, Cloud IaaS and PaaS, Server and Storage.
In this role, you’ll be working in a collaborative team of Windows Platform Engineers who:
- Undertake a mixture of business as usual and exciting project work.
- Work closely with colleagues in Linux, Storage, Network and Middleware teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise and advice to other Digital Solutions Teams.
- Interpret complex requirements and issues to deliver solutions.
- Partake in training courses to uplift their technical skills.
- Demonstrated experience supporting a large enterprise Microsoft Windows environment (Including SCCM, SCOM, AD, Group Policy etc.)
- Experience in PowerShell scripting or similar scripting languages. Terraform and CI/CD experience desirable.
- Experience with cloud-based deployments and support (e.g., Azure, AWS) well regarded.
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment well regarded.
- Availability to participate on the Windows On-Call roster (rostering once every 4-6 weeks)
Applicants must have unrestricted work rights and may be subject to a criminal history check.
What we can offer
This is a continuing full-time position based at our Nathan campus. As Griffith is a multi-site University you may be required to work across other campuses.
The full time equivalent base salary will be HEW Level 7 range $93,854 - $101,680 per annum + 17% superannuation. The total FTE package will be in the range $109,809 - $118,966 per annum.
Why join Griffith?
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We offer:
- Wide range of Learning and Development opportunities
- Mix of on campus and work from home options available and a supportive work environment
- Salary packaging options and corporate health discounts
- Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave and leave loading
- Support with future learning opportunities through our educational staff assistance scheme
- Opportunities for internal mobility
- Health Safety and Wellbeing initiatives – on campus Gym facilities
At Griffith, we’re committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all - whoever you are and wherever you’re from. If you require any accommodations, we welcome you to let us know so we can work with you to participate fully in our recruitment experience.
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page. Griffith University also maintains a strict zero-tolerance policy against all forms of modern slavery. For more information, please refer to Griffith’s Modern Slavery Policy.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure it includes the following:
- A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, please refer to the qualifications above
- Current curriculum vitae/resume including full contact details
For further application and recruitment advice please reach out to Laura Whitworth - [email protected]
Closing date: Tuesday 27th February @ 11.59PM. All applications must be submitted online.
Note to recruitment agencies, please no unsolicited messages to be sent to our hiring team. All recruitment at Griffith University is managed internally.