Platform Engineer – Cloud and Virtualisation
Every institution values excellence. What matters most is why.
Griffith was created to be a different type of university. You’ll find we’re about leading research, academic excellence, and the transformative power of education. But what sets us apart is why those things matter and how you’ll achieve them.
Why? Griffith brings together exceptional minds like yours from across the globe and from all walks of life. Here, we do incredible work, questioning and challenging, always in the pursuit of excellence.
Digital Solutions. A team you’ll want to be a part of.
When you join Digital Solutions, you’ll be part of a team that delivers impact by enhancing digital experiences for the graduates of tomorrow, researchers of today and all those working to make it a brighter future.
But we know it’s not just what you do that matters, it’s who you do it with. Our people will tell you – our team sets us apart. We promise a supportive and friendly environment where you’ll collaborate to make an impact.
Make it matter. Join Digital Solutions at Griffith.
Digital Solutions, Infrastructure as a Service team is looking for a motivated Platform Engineer to join their Cloud and Virtualisation team.
You will work within a collaborative team to deliver University Azure and on premise VMWare virtualisation services, interesting project work and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Day to day operation of Azure cloud services.
- Day to day operation of VMware virtualisation services.
- Technical advice to, and support of, other teams to effectively utilise Azure and VMWare services
- Programming and collaboratively delivering infrastructure as code.
- Delivering great customer service and outcomes.
- Participation in an on-call roster.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure platform.
- Knowledge and experience with VMware technology including vCenter, ESXi, vROps. Knowledge in NSX-T is desirable.
- Programming and scripting skills for automating work tasks.
- DevOPs skills to deploy in Azure and Terraform
- Skills managing enterprise class server infrastructure-desirable.
- An ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own.
What we can offer
This is a continuing full time position and can be negotiated to be based at either the Gold Coast or the Nathan campus. As Griffith is a multi-campus University you may be required to work across other campus locations.
HEW Level 7 salary - $93,854.17 - $101,680.84 per annum + 17% superannuation. The total FTE package will be in the range $109,809.38 - $118,966.58 per annum.
Why join Griffith?
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We offer:
- Wide range of Learning and Development opportunities
- Mix of on campus and work from home options available and a supportive work environment
- Salary packaging options and corporate health discounts
- Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave and leave loading
- Support with future learning opportunities through our educational staff assistance scheme
- Opportunities for internal mobility
- Health Safety and Wellbeing initiatives – on campus Gym facilities
At Griffith, we’re committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all - whoever you are and wherever you’re from. If you require any accommodations, we welcome you to let us know so we can work with you to participate fully in our recruitment experience.
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page. Griffith University also maintains a strict zero-tolerance policy against all forms of modern slavery. For more information, please refer to Griffith’s Modern Slavery Policy.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure it includes the following:
- A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, please refer to the qualifications above
- Current curriculum vitae/resume including full contact details
For further application and recruitment advice please reach out to Laura Whitworth - [email protected]
Closing date: Tuesday 28th @ 11.59PM. All applications must be submitted online.
Note to recruitment agencies, please no unsolicited messages to be sent to our hiring team. All recruitment at Griffith University is managed internally.