Sugar Research Australia (SRA) is owned by the Australian sugar industry and is a global leader in sugarcane industry research and development. SRA strives to shape the future prosperity of the Australian sugarcane industry and regional communities through innovation and ingenuity.
We have highly dedicated and passionate people working on industry-critical projects to deliver tangible value outcomes and impact for our industry stakeholders.
About the role
The Personal Assistant provides direct, high-level support to the GM Finance and Operations with impeccable professionalism, attention to detail, organisation, and highly effective communication skills. This role has access to confidential information and always requires absolute tact and discretion.
Specifically, the position will:
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the GM, including managing schedules, coordinating meetings, handling correspondence, generating presentations and reports
- Manage travel arrangements and itineraries for the GM and business unit
- Agenda and Minutes management for the GM and broader team
- Administrative support functions including credit card reconciliations, purchasing etc. as required
- Arrange and/or assist in the coordination of events and catering as required
- Act as backup for reception and other administration staff as required
- General office management duties
A full position description can be viewed by copying the following web address into your internet browser:
You will bring the following experience, knowledge and capabilities:
- Prior experience working in a role providing timely and quality administrative support
- Ability to work autonomously, employ initiative to find solutions, prioritise and exercise discretion
- A demonstrated collaborative, professional and confident style, with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including word, PowerPoint, teams and SharePoint.
If you believe you match the above criteria and would like to work as part of our dedicated team, please send your application using the below links no later than Sunday 11 February 2024.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake medical screening and police check. You must have the right to live and work in Australia.