PeopleSoft Development Engineer
Digital Solutions. A team you’ll want to be a part of.
When you join Digital Solutions, you’ll be part of a team that delivers impact by enhancing digital experiences for the graduates of tomorrow, researchers of today and all those working to make it a brighter future.
But we know it’s not just what you do that matters, it’s who you do it with. Our people will tell you – our team sets us apart. We promise a supportive and friendly environment where you’ll collaborate to make an impact.
Make it matter. Join Digital Solutions at Griffith.
As part of the Digital Solutions team, this exciting role will serve as a PeopleSoft Technical Developer within the Leaning and Teaching domain. As an integral member of a team of cross functional developers, you will use your knowledge of industry best practices, trends, and applications to provide necessary operational and maintenance support to ensure the smooth running of the PeopleSoft application, with particular emphasis on Campus Solutions, through:
- Design, develop and implement innovative technical solutions to enhance Campus Solutions
- Modify, customise and update existing solutions
- Develop state of the art integration solutions that connect cloud to cloud, cloud to local and local to local applications
- Perform unit and system testing as needed
- Develop mobile solutions based on PeopleSoft fluid technology
- Debug and fix system issues in a timely manner
- Participate in performance/load testing as needed.
- Follow established SDLC and change management procedures including QA and testing
- Strong experience developing complex solutions for multiple PeopleSoft modules
- Extensive experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions would be an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of PeopleSoft applications programming tools and technology
- Demonstrated knowledge with the development of integration solutions for cloud based and local hosted systems
- Thorough understanding of technology stacks of a modern ERP system
- Expertise developing high performance SQLs on Oracle database
- Interpersonal skills to collaborate well with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels of the organization
- Self-motivated, work independently and as part of a team, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills
- Hold a relevant degree with at least 4 years' subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Experience with the following will be highly regarded;
- PeopleTools and Oracle SQL
- PeopleSoft Application engine, SQR, Component Interfaces, PeopleCode, Web Services, HTML
- PeopleSoft Integration broker
- While the aforementioned PeopleSoft experience is the most desirable, applicants with extensive development experience in C# and/or Java will also be considered, with on the job PeopleSoft training provided.
What we can offer
This is a full time continuing position based at our Nathan campus. HEW level 7 - Salary range is $ 93,854 - $ 101,680+ 17% superannuation. Total package is $ 109,809 - $ 118,966
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We support the professional and personal development of all our employees and invest in the skills of our people. We offer:
- mix of on campus and work from home options available and a supportive work environment.
- salary packaging options and corporate health discounts.
- generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave and leave loading.
- support with future learning opportunities through our educational staff assistance scheme.
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- A covering statement outlining your suitability for the role referring to the qualifications listed above and the position description.
- Current curriculum vitae, including name and contact details.
For further information specifically about this role, please contact Rob Oliphant, Product Manager Student Management Solutions firstname.lastname@example.org
For application support, please contact People Services on +61 (0) 7 3735 4011.
Closing date: Open until filled. All applications must be submitted online.