Non Executive Director
Expressions of Interest
Non-Executive Director with finance expertise
The Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation (QCIF) is looking to appoint an NED with board, corporate governance and finance expertise and its application in the higher education and/or research sector. The remunerated board appointment will require attendance at quarterly Board meetings, the Annual General Meeting and any other extraordinary Board meetings as required.
Please read through the information below. If you have the skills, experience, and genuine interest in the technology and research sectors, please forward an expression of interest.
QCIF is a non-profit organisation that provides cutting-edge digital infrastructure capabilities for research and innovation across Queensland and Australia. QCIF draws investment from its Queensland-based university Members, the Queensland Government, and the Australian Government’s National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS) program. QCIF is a NCRIS node for the Australian BioCommons (Bioplatforms Australia), and the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC) and its Nectar Research Cloud.
QCIF’s Board has both Member nominee NEDs and independent NEDs including an independent Chair. To strengthen the skills of the Board, QCIF is looking to appoint a NED with a strong finance background.
- To provide cutting-edge digital research infrastructure to our Members.
- To be the digital research partner of choice for our Members, collaborators and clients.
To accelerate research excellence and societal impact through our Members by:
- Provisioning cutting-edge digital research infrastructure capabilities and enterprise solutions;
- Upskilling current and future researchers and innovators; and
- Catalysing collaboration within Queensland and across Australia.
- Excellence — we stand by the quality and integrity of our contributions to research;
- Collaboration — we believe teams are best placed to tackle the grand challenges that confront society; and
- Entrepreneurial — we do not wait for opportunities to come to us; we make things happen.
About the appointment
Aligned with QCIF’s Mission, the appointee will be expected to use their skills and experience to contribute to corporate governance, strategic direction and financial oversight of the organisation.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Prior NED board experience
- Formal finance qualifications including CA or CPA certification
- More than 5 years’ experience in the higher education and/or research sector
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Some experience with digital technology (e.g., AI, advanced computation)
- Based in Queensland
The appointment remuneration will be $1,250 per month
3-year appointment with a further 2 successive terms being available
The QCIF Board meets four times a year usually virtually and face- to-face in Queensland. All travel and associated reasonable expenses will be paid for by QCIF.
How to express interest?
Please forward your EoI to QCIF Business Manager [[email protected]] by COB 5th February.
The EoI should include a cover letter that outlines your relevant skills and experience and what you will bring to QCIF (no more than one page), and a copy of your CV with a focus on corporate governance experience.