WiT is currently in the process of seeking a talented and experienced professional to join our team as a Marketing Co-Ordinator. This is a paid contractor role of 25 hours a week and is remote, work-from-home role with flexible hours.
Women in Technology (WiT) is a member-based not-for-profit founded in Queensland in 1998. It is one of the biggest communities of women in Technology in Australia. Our mission is to advance, empower and connect women by supporting, developing and promoting their talents, contribution and achievements. WiT is a diverse and inclusive community representing women from disciplines across science, technology and related fields.
We provide the support and recognition women need to achieve their full social and economic potential, particularly in occupations where they have been traditionally underrepresented. We support women from all career levels, including engineers, scientists, medical researchers, academics, IT professionals and a host of allied fields. We do this via beneficial partnerships, mentoring, advocacy, professional development, awards and networking. WiT has a very small, close-knit staff, led by a volunteer Board and assisted by member volunteers.
WiT is seeking a talented, experienced marketing all-rounder who is skilful, enthusiastic and innovative, with proven project management skills, and the drive to deliver high quality outcomes for our members. The successful candidate will play a key role in executing our marketing strategy ensuring WiT maintains consistent communication and builds relationships with our members and corporate, government and community stakeholders. Our ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of marketing communication processes and channels, excellent skills “on the tools” and a track record for being highly organised and self-directed to manage deadlines and deliverables while working remotely. Experience working with a NFP member-based organisation highly regarded, along with an enthusiastic, creative and flexible attitude because every day is exciting and different.
Diversity and Inclusion
WiT is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including First Nations people.
Role and Responsibility
Reports to the General Manager.
- Regularly update the WiT website with fresh content, including text, images, and videos.
- Ensure that the website is optimised for search engines to improve visibility.
- Focus on providing a smooth and user-friendly experience for visitors.
Social Media Management:
- Create engaging content, including text, images, videos, and infographics for platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Monitor user engagement, respond to comments, and facilitate discussions to build a strong online community.
- Plan and schedule posts to maximise reach and impact.
- Maintain WiT’s visual identity across all marketing materials, ensuring consistency in design and branding.
- Create eye-catching graphics for social media, marketing materials, and presentations.
- Design brochures, flyers, and promotional materials that align with WiT’s marketing goals.
Event & Program Promotion:
- Formulate marketing strategies to promote events and programs effectively.
- Collaborate with event organiser to ensure marketing materials are aligned with the event's objectives.
- Monitor the success of promotion efforts and adjust strategies as needed.
- Write compelling content for newsletters, including WiT news, product updates, and informative articles.
- Create visually appealing newsletter templates that align with the company's branding.
- Manage the distribution of newsletters to subscribers, tracking open rates and engagement.
- Plan, execute and optimise digital marketing campaigns.
- Monitor the performance of campaigns and adjust strategies based on KPIs.
Short Video Production & Upload:
- Shoot, edit and produce short, engaging videos using a smartphone or similar tools.
- Craft narratives that resonate with the target audience to evoke emotion and engagement.
- Upload videos to relevant platforms and promote them effectively.
Media and PR:
- Develop and maintain relationships with local media outlets and influencers.
- Write and distribute press releases to announce significant WiT news or achievements.
Presentations and Flyers:
- Create visually appealing and informative presentations and flyers to promote events and programs.
Managing Digital Content:
- Ensure all digital content, including images, videos and written materials, is well-organised and easily accessible.
- Maintain version control to avoid outdated or conflicting materials.
- Regularly brainstorm and suggest innovative marketing ideas and strategies to enhance the company's branding and reach.
- Be open to adapting to new marketing trends and technologies to stay at the forefront of the industry.
- Other duties, as required
Relevant tertiary qualifications in marketing or related discipline. Minimum two years’ experience in a marketing/social media role, preferably in a not-for-profit organisation.
- Excellent all-round knowledge of marketing and communication channels and tactics
- Some experience developing digital marketing campaigns - planning, content creation and analytics
- Good general understanding of stakeholder engagement, community relations and the media
- Proven, recent experience “on the tools”, including:
- Accurate and versatile writing style
- Experience managing social platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), websites (WordPress CMS), CRM (WildApricot)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite - documents, presentations, spreadsheets
- Proficient in building social media graphics
- Planning, managing and hosting events
- Independent, self-motivated, creative communicator
- Enthusiastic, flexible, responsive and resilient
- A collaborative and supportive team member
- Willing to go the extra mile with meticulous attention to detail
- Enjoys people, communicates well and likes to laugh
- Good common sense and business acumen
- Great project management skills and respect for budgets and deadlines
- Excited to be part of a supportive community and to help promote women in STEM
- Ability to travel and attend events in Brisbane CBD
- Eligibility to work as a contractor
- Capacity to supply all equipment (cost of incidentals will be covered by WiT)
- Ability to work autonomously as part of a remote team
- Flexibility to increase or decrease hours at peak times
If you are interested for this role, please send your CV and Cover Letter to Katie at [email protected]. Applications close 11th December, 2023.