Manager Research Missions
Sugar Research Australia (SRA) is owned by the Australian sugar industry and is a global leader in sugarcane industry research and development. SRA strives to shape the future prosperity of the Australian sugarcane industry and regional communities through innovation and ingenuity.
We have highly dedicated and passionate people working on industry-critical projects to deliver tangible value outcomes and impact for our industry stakeholders.
About the role
This key role works with internal and external stakeholders to advance the Australian sugarcane industry through research and innovation. We are looking for an exceptional person to work with industry to plan and evaluate research programs. Specifically, the position will:
- Plan and evaluate compelling business cases for impactful research investments
- Convene and/or chair relevant industry working groups and committees, and participate in other relevant industry forums
- Build and maintain effective relationships, and facilitate collaboration within SRA, with investors and partners to support program investment
- Monitor, evaluate and report on research mission outcomes, performance, delivery, and measures of success
- Stay across cutting edge research and innovation relevant to the sugarcane industry.
A full position description can be viewed by copying the following web address into your internet browser:
You will be a highly motivated person who has great stakeholder engagement skills and an innovative approach. You will have:
- Relevant experience in the food and agricultural sector in a commercial, academic/research or government organisation
- Demonstrated ability to influence and bring together varied internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and deliver multi-disciplinary research programs/investments
- Proven ability to problem solve and apply judgement to complex and/ or sensitive issues, identifying and managing risks
- Proven communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a high performing team.
If you believe you match the above criteria and would like to work as part of our dedicated team, please send your application using the below links no later than 8am Friday 9 February 2024.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake medical screening and police check. You must have the right to live and work in Australia.