IT Officer (18-month Fixed Term)
Sugar Research Australia (SRA)
We are the principal research, development, and extension organisation for the Australian sugarcane industry. We play a critical role for industry investing in research, development, and adoption activities to improve productivity and profitability for our levy payers. We have 10 sites from Cairns in the North to Broadwater in New South Wales. Our vision is to support a profitable and sustainable sugarcane industry in Australia, and we have highly dedicated and passionate people working on interesting and industry-critical projects.
SRA is a values-based organisation that places the highest priority on our investors, employees, and the communities in which we operate and live. Our Values are Innovation, Investor Satisfaction, Accountability and Teamwork. We embrace Diversity, and the Safety of our people is our highest priority.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Information Technology, this position provides professional and efficient support of SRA’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Systems. The role is responsible for assisting with ICT administrative tasks and monitoring activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance or service requests over the phone, email or in person.
- Perform remote diagnosis through troubleshooting techniques and pertinent questions.
- Communicate technical information to non-technical users in a clear and understandable manner and ensure a positive customer experience.
- Provide basic training to end-users on software and hardware usage.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues and provide real-time solutions where possible.
- Direct unresolved or urgent issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Administer warranty claims with vendors.
- Ensure incidents or service requests are logged in the service desk system, including customer interactions and subsequent resolutions, for future reference and analysis.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the internal IT knowledge base.
- Assist in the creation of user guides and documentation.
Hardware and Software Setup:
- Assist in setting up and configuring desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- Assist with installing and updating end-user software applications as needed, ensuring all installed software is appropriately licensed.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to resolve issues efficiently.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements to ICT procedures.
To view the full position description for this role, please copy and paste the following into your browser:
If you have a passion for optimising IT systems and providing efficient, quality service for our team to thrive, we invite you to join our team and contribute to our mission of delivering for the Australian sugarcane industry.
Please click ‘Apply’ to submit your application by Sunday 11 February 2024. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake pre-employment screening which includes an online medical screening and police check.