Graduate – Telecommunications and Network
Shape your future with the City of Gold Coast’s Graduate Academy!
We know you are driven by growth and opportunity, eager to progress quickly, and determined to make an impact. That’s why we offer a full time 12-month immersive graduate program designed to unlock your potential, achieve your career goals and equip you with the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary to excel in your chosen career.
The program offers recent university graduates the opportunity to partner with industry leaders across a broad range of areas, projects and initiatives not available anywhere else! No matter what you’re looking for, there’s endless opportunities to make a real difference to your career and your community at the City of Gold Coast.
Be part of the next gen of GC Shapers
Commencing in January 2024, our program provides professional development training and on-the-job experience pathways, designed to help bridge the gap from academic study to the work environment. As a graduate at the City, you will have many opportunities available to you:
- contribute to a range of projects and initiatives that help shape and connect our City
- advice and coaching by future focused, creative, industry leading professionals, mentors and peers
- freedom to carve your own path, with flexibility to design your graduate experience and career direction
- networking opportunities, Grad Talks, exclusive CEO events and exciting team projects, promoting collaboration across all areas of the City
- tailored learning including work-based training and an extensive range of personal, professional and career development training designed to set you up for success
- assistance and support on your path to accreditation
- support for your continued development journey with future opportunities at the City after the program
- work-life balance including 9-day fortnight, flexible working from home arrangements and generous leave entitlements
What’s on offer
The City has developed a leading-edge optic fibre network to position the Gold Coast as Australia’s most digitally connected city and to support economic growth. One Network provides a carrier grade service, offering wholesale services to Telecommunications Carriers and Internet Service Providers. Our service capabilities include the following:
- Dark Fibre Connect
- Ethernet Connect
- Facilities Access (shared infrastructure solutions)
As a graduate in the City Digital and Data team you will work with your line leader and mentor to:
- Assist in managing existing commercial telecommunications matters, as well as new agreements from an established and growing client base
- Provide advice on business sales and purchases, corporate issues and general telecommunications commercial matters
- Draft, review and negotiate wholesale commercial service agreements
- Work with Sales Team to draft and review; Sales Proposals; MOU; NDAS
- Assist with planning agreements for developers, public and private sector clients
- Manage complex telecommunications applications
- Provide general telecommunications commercial due diligence and advice
- Provide general advice for telecommunications compliance
What are we looking for from you?
The City is committed to developing skilled graduates into future City leaders who:
- are curious, motivated and driven to make a difference for the future of the Gold Coast
- embrace innovation with a forward-thinking and creative mindset
- seek continuous learning opportunities and are committed to professional development
- are willing to embrace new challenges, learn new skills and adapt quickly
- can analyse information, think logically and solve problems creatively
- possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and can convey ideas clearly, listen attentively and collaborate effectively
- contribute positively to the team dynamic, respect diverse perspectives and foster a productive work environment
Who can apply?
To be considered for this opportunity you must hold a recognised degree or post graduate qualification from a tertiary institution, completed within the last two years or be completing prior to commencement of the program in January 2024. Applicants must have full working rights in Australia for the duration of the program and be able to work full time.
The Telecommunications and Network Graduate is a diverse position open to a variety of graduates who have studied disciplines including but not limited to, Information Systems, Business Analytics, Project Management, Law or Marketing.
How to apply
Submit your academic transcript / qualification, CV and a cover letter. In your cover letter please outline information about your career objectives, work experience, education, volunteering and any extracurricular activities, specialist skills or interests you may have.
Please note applications for all of our vacancies close at 10.30pm on the listed closing date.
Essential: To be considered for this opportunity you must hold a recognised degree or post graduate qualification from a tertiary institution, completed within the last two years or completed prior to commencement of the program. Please provide details of your qualification/s and graduation date. Kathryn Lloyd 0756673829 03/10/2023 Graduate Position Job Brief.pdf Open Application Guide