Cyber Security Analyst (Senior Application Security Officer)
Australian Taxation Office
At the ATO, you’ll do work you can’t do anywhere else. Work that is meaningful, diverse and challenging. We do work that makes a real difference to the lives of Australians - work that might take you somewhere unexpected.
We’re building a leading tax and superannuation administration known for contemporary service, expertise and integrity.
We have a vibrant, inclusive and client-focused culture. We celebrate and champion diversity to reflect the community we serve.
About the role
As a Cyber Security Analyst (Application Security Analyst), you’ll assess and remediate identified vulnerabilities within ATO developed applications.
- Improve tools for vulnerability detection
- Support developers
- Provide technical reports on the current state of the ATO’s application security
- Work closely with other areas of cyber security identify solutions to holistic security concerns
Skills and experience
- Knowledge in assessing security vulnerabilities identified through Static Application Security (SAST), Software Composition Analysis (SCA) and Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) tools
- Knowledge in application development and release management, deployment and orchestration tools and CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of application security testing and DevSecOps methodologies, frameworks, standards and tools
- Experience in supporting and mentoring less experienced employees
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Tertiary qualifications, certifications or relevant work experience in a penetration testing role is highly desirable
- Attractive superannuation contributions of 15.4%
- Flexibility to provide work/life balance
- Award-winning and highly professional organisation
- Contemporary workspaces and technology
- Learning and development opportunities
These roles will be offered in Canberra or Melbourne CBD.
You must be an Australian citizen to work with the ATO.
People with disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Does this sound like you?
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to click “Apply”.
To find out more information about our functions, a day in the life of and the importance of the Digital Forensic Capability, watch our Cyber Operations Branch hosted Webinar from February 2023: https://publish.viostream.com/play/bi9or7od61znk4.
Find out more information about us on our careers page at www.ato.gov.au/cybercareers
Apply here by 4th October, 2023