Cyber Security Analyst (Application Security Lead)
Australian Taxation Office
At the ATO, you’ll do work you can’t do anywhere else. Work that is meaningful, diverse and challenging. We do work that makes a real difference to the lives of Australians - work that might take you somewhere unexpected.
We’re building a leading tax and superannuation administration known for contemporary service, expertise and integrity.
We have a vibrant, inclusive and client-focused culture. We celebrate and champion diversity to reflect the community we serve.
About the role
As a Cyber Security Analyst (Application Security Lead), you’ll lead a team to assess and remediate identified vulnerabilities within ATO developed applications.
- Implement new tools and approaches
- Develop strategic plans to grow the ATO’s application security capability
- Provide guidance to support secure development practices
- Oversee the reporting and documenting of complex technical information
- Work closely with other areas of cyber security identify solutions to holistic security concerns
- Mentor and develop the technical skills of less experienced team members
Skills and experience
- Experience assessing security vulnerabilities identified through Static Application Security (SAST), Software Composition Analysis (SCA) and Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) tools
- Experience with application security testing and DevSecOps methodologies, frameworks, standards and tools
- Experience in application development and release management, deployment and orchestration tools and CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of enterprise IT architecture and business applications
- Leadership and relationship management experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Tertiary qualifications, certifications or relevant work experience in a penetration testing role is highly desirable
- Attractive superannuation contributions of 15.4%
- Flexibility to provide work/life balance
- Award-winning and highly professional organisation
- Contemporary workspaces and technology
- Learning and development opportunities
These roles will be offered in Canberra or Melbourne CBD.
You must be an Australian citizen to work with the ATO.
People with disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Does this sound like you?
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to click “Apply”.
To find out more information about our functions, a day in the life of and the importance of the Digital Forensic Capability, watch our Cyber Operations Branch hosted Webinar from February 2023: https://publish.viostream.com/play/bi9or7od61znk4.
Find out more information about us on our careers page at www.ato.gov.au/cybercareers
Apply here by 4th October, 2023