Application Support Analyst
The Game Changers:
At AP+ we're changing the game! We're doing big things, and we can't do it alone. We're part of a big ecosystem, and we know teamwork and passion for our purpose is what will make us successful. We value the unique talents, perspectives, of all our employees. This includes people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, First Nations Peoples, people of all abilities and diverse backgrounds, as well as their families. AP+ brings together Australia’s three domestic payment providers, BPAY Group, eftpos and NPP Australia, into one integrated entity. Bringing these businesses together enables AP+ to create a more competitive and coordinated Australian payments organisation that is strategically placed to respond to the impacts of regulatory and technological change today, and into the future.
As the Application Support Analyst, you will provide comprehensive application and technical support of AP+’s real-time payment processing systems in a 24/7 mission critical multi-vendor environment.
Working within the Technology Operations team, this role involves collaboration with internal testing and project teams as well as performing production support activities with vendors and customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking the day to day support activities and complete tasks within agreed service levels and in accordance with the documented procedures.
- Maintaining the health of the supported applications through regular proactive monitoring and remediate any issues which impact application availability and performance.
- Undertaking post incident reviews and root cause analysis as part of problem management.
- Participating in change enablement forums and perform appropriate risk and impact assessment including communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide afterhours support which includes overnight/weekend key processing activities, change and release deployments.
- Participate in the 24/7 on-call roster to support incident management and restoration of services.
- Drive continual improvement through improving task workflows, application processes and working towards automation.
In order for you to be successful in the role, you’ll have:
- Minimum 3 years in an application support role.
- Operational support experience in a 24/7 high availability, real-time payments processing environment.
- Familiarity using ITSM tools e.g. ServiceNow, Jira.
- Experience with application monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Datadog or Dynatrace.
- Non-functional testing experience including documentation of implementation plans and results.
- Exposure to automation tools e.g. Jenkins.
- Strong understanding of cloud technology e.g. AWS, web services, Apigee API, IP-based protocols
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Windows OS, Jboss application server, Oracle SQL, Java
We know applying for a role can be a nerve-wracking experience, so we endeavor to review applications and plan to schedule screening interviews within the next two weeks. If you are among selected candidates, we’ll be in touch to schedule a phone interview. In any case, we will keep you posted on the status of your application.
We want to remove all barriers to inclusion so if you need advice or support with your application, we’re here to help. Please reach out to [email protected] We also encourage you to let us know your pronouns at any point during the recruitment process.