AO8 Manager Strategy & Architecture
Responsible for the management of Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture service delivery to support the Transport & Main Roads business strategy.
You will achieve this by overseeing the delivery of Enterprise Architecture, providing the overall vision for underlying enterprise system solutions, and Solution Architecture activities, transforming the vision into high quality, cost effective and sustainable digital solutions that align with the Department of Transport & Main Roads’ (TMR) Enterprise Architecture, business direction and industry best practices.
Position status: Permanent
Position type: Flexible full-time
Occupational group: IT & Telecommunications
Workplace Location: Brisbane - North
Job ad reference for www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au: QLD/409486/22
Closing date: 21-Mar-2022
Yearly salary: $129687 - $137167
Fortnightly salary: $4970.90 - $5257.60
Contact person: Sandra Gray
Contact details Ph: (07) 3066 1041
Apply here: https://smartjobs.govnet.qld.gov.au/jobtools/jncustomsearch.viewFullSingle?in_organid=15033&in_jnCounter=222308478&in_skills=409486&in_orderby=scoring%20desc
As the Manager Strategy and Architecture, your accountabilities will include:
Manage and oversee Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture
• Develop and manage Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture teams in delivering on all areas on architectural responsibility.
• Maintain industry partnerships and build strong relationships with professional services providers in support of a flexible and on-demand model to supplement Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture service delivery.
• Develop and foster a culture of continuous improvement and excellence in architectural delivery, aligning to industry best practice, Queensland Government Enterprise Architecture (QGEA) and The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF).
• Understand business drivers and business capabilities (current and future state) and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the department's targeted business outcomes.
Facilitates Business Outcomes
• Engage and cultivate strong relationships with business stakeholders with a view to informing strategic ICT planning and investment decisions by understanding organisational drivers and desired customer outcomes.
• Represent the CIO and other divisional staff on project teams, steering committees, working groups and other forums.
• Participate in divisional, departmental and Queensland Government forums, panels, and committees.
This position reports to the Director (Customer Business Solutions) and has approximately 12 direct reports.
• It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Refer to the role description for more information.
• An understanding of Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture, and how these services provide value as part of planning, design and governance phases during business and ICT transformation activities.
• Experience managing and leading high performing teams in large and complex organisations.
• Experience engaging and influencing senior-level executives and technical audiences.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/409486/22
Closing Date: Monday, 21 March 2022