Accounts Payable Team Lead
The Accounts Payable Team Lead is responsible for leading a team of accounts payable specialists, ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices, managing vendor relationships, performing payment reconciliations, resolving escalated issues, and implementing process improvements.
The Team Lead also collaborates with cross-functional teams to streamline financial operations, maintain compliance with policies and regulations, and contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the accounts payable function. They have a strong background in accounts payable, demonstrated leadership abilities, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Ensuring Accounts Payable workflows – purchase order receipting, invoice processing, approvals and payments are completed in a timely manner
- Manage weekly payment run
- Manage Accounts Payable staff
- Finance Lease payments
- Vendor account reconciliations
- Credit card and expense management
- Cashflow management for accounts payable
- Continuously looking for improvements in systems and processes (improved automation)
Experience & Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounts payable, including at least 2 years in a supervisory or team lead role
- Extensive knowledge of accounts payable processes, procedures, and best practices
- Experience with ERP systems and proficiency in using accounting software and tools (MS Business Central environment preferred)
- Strong understanding of financial principles, accounting standards, and regulatory requirements
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team, including providing guidance, training, and performance management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on process improvement and efficiency
- Ability to handle and resolve escalated vendor and payment-related issues
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in financial data entry and reconciliation
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for collaborating with internal stakeholders, vendors, and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
What Nexon offers you
At Nexon, we believe that great businesses are built around talent, and we see ourselves as a talent investment house; a place where our people are our major investors, and their careers are our investment.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. They aim high and achieve high. In return for their amazing performance, Nexon offers an attractive employee value proposition built around a range of benefits which include:
Hybrid Working – We empower our employees and leaders to determine what working arrangement best suits their needs balanced with business operations. Professional Development – Because we value personal growth, we provide unlimited learning and development opportunities, including access to Professional Development Leave.
Parental Leave - For our eligible working parents, we offer paid primary carer and secondary carer leave.
Advancement - Career development is the number one reason people join our team. Through our career progression, we ensure clear growth pathways for our people.
Employee Referral bonus – We know good people know good people so encourage referrals and reward you for it.
Culture – We value a fun and supportive company culture and are always looking at excuses to have fun events in the office.
Mental and Physical Health – We support the mental and physical wellbeing of our people with initiatives such as Nexon’s Employee Assistance Program, training on mental health awareness and annual flu jabs.
Anniversary celebrations – It’s not hard to find people celebrating long tenure at Nexon so often celebrating long milestones!
Community giving – We have a dedicated committee to ensure our community work is a priority. Our people can also donate their time to support a cause they are passionate about; we call it Passionate Day as we let you decide.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging – DEIB is a business priority for Nexon. We have several initiatives and partnerships which provide opportunities to encourage an inclusive workforce.
Nexon Asia Pacific (Nexon) is an award-winning digital consulting and managed services partner for mid-market, and government organisations across Australia. We are an emerging brand, we’re growing, and we have momentum.
We have a uniquely broad suite of solutions to service clients who require end-to-end capabilities coupled with specialist expertise in security, cloud and digital solutions. As a certified and accredited local and state government provider, CREST and ISO-certified, Nexon partners with world-class technology vendors to deliver innovative and integrated solutions. Driven to deliver the highest standards of responsiveness, competency and transparency, our integrated solutions and close client relationships help propel organisations forward. For expertise, delivered with care, clients can look to the future with Nexon.