We are very excited to bring back by popular demand our 2015 Mentoring Program. WiT is proud to have been at the forefront of supporting women in the technology industries for over 17 years. This program is designed to provide maximum benefit to Mentees and Mentors in a manageable time frame.
- short, sharp & intense (8 sessions over 12 weeks)
- targeted mentor/mentee skills training to ensure consistent high quality experience & outcomes
- exit with a crystal clear direction & detailed specific plan to achieve goals
- exit feeling highly focused & 100% committed
Energised, Confident, Prepared & Supported
Why should I be mentor?
Mounting evidence through both short & long term studies is clearly showing the positive impact of effective mentoring. A comprehensive study in 2006 by Gartner of over 1,000 workers at Sun Microsystems over a 5 year period, revealed the following benefits of mentoring:
About the Trainer:
- 25% of employees who enrolled in a mentoring program had a salary-grade change, while only 5% of workers who did not, had a change
- Mentees were promoted 5 times more often than those not in a mentoring program
- Mentees experience higher career satisfaction, career commitment, career mobility & positive job attitude
Sonya Trau is a Senior Business Leadership Coach with AltusQ & been involved in design & delivery of numerous corporate mentoring programs nationally for over 4 years, including the first industry wide mentoring program in Australia. She believes passionately about the power of effective mentoring skills & relationships both for the individuals involved & the organisations to which they belong. She has spent much of the last 15 years consulting, advising & coaching in corporates, NFPs & mid-sized businesses across numerous industries. Sonya’s extensive practical business management experience in multinationals & Australian IT firms since the early 90’s uniquely enables her to effectively translate the ‘soft stuff’ into practical, tangible outcomes for the business and the people in the business.
What will be covered in the workshop:
- Understanding mentoring & how it differs from coaching, consulting, training, counseling & facilitation
- Understanding key stages in mentoring, what to focus on & when
- Specific roles & responsibilities for both - managing expectations
- Overcoming the status gap
- Goals: awareness, analysis, clarifying & articulating
- Process: how it works, who’s responsible for what
- The Flow: before, during & between meetings
- Developing & maintaining the longevity of the mentoring relationship
- Dealing with common challenges in the process & relationship
- Workbooks and tools to use throughout the program
The program will culminate in a Luncheon to regroup, network and hear of the successes.
NOTE: WORKSHOP CAN BE ATTENDED WITHOUT BECOMING A MENTOR (SEE
Proudly sponsored by:
and supported by: